Viral campaigns are a great way for films to connect with and draw in an audience in a fresh and unique way.
In the case of director Len Wiseman's upcoming remake of the sci-fi classic "Total Recall," in AMC theaters August 3rd, an ordinary factory worker visits Rekall - the company that can give you real memories of a fantastic life.
Film fans can go to www.WelcomeToRekall.com to register for their chance to bring the Rekall experience to life with a fantasy sweepstakes package.
As a new added element in the experience all visitors to the site will be able to link their Facebook profiles to their entry to receive a personalized Rekall video, detailing the story of their brand new memories and successful Rekall experience
With nine different categories to choose from, moviegoers will enter to win a premium prize package with top partners on WELCOMETOREKALL.COM:
Take a look at some of the incredible options below.
- The Sports Anchor winner, sponsored by ESPN, will shadow an anchor at the cable network’s headquarters
- The Rock Star winner will hang with Green Day, attending a sound check, meeting the band, and receiving on-stage access, sponsored by Pandora
- The Fashionista winner will spend a day with Heidi Klum and her stylist in New York, sponsored by AOL
- The Secret Agent winner will attend the Stiletto Spy School or the MI6 Academy, sponsored by Yahoo!
- The UFC Fighter winner, sponsored by UFC, will train with pro fighters and sit ringside with the trainer
- The Socialite winner will live like a celebrity in Los Angeles and attend a red carpet event, sponsored by Wonderwall
- The Club DJ winner will receive DJ lessons and a club date, sponsored by Complex
- The Video Gamer winner will win a PlayStation™3 and shadow a game developer, sponsored by PlayStation
- And the Millionaire winner will receive 1,000,000 Sony Rewards points, sponsored by Sony Rewards. With Sony Rewards, members can get rewarded for doing the things they already love – like going to the movies, playing games, sharing and more. The points can be used to redeem for the latest Sony electronics, movies, music and games – and even once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Sony Rewards also gives users insider access to the latest content from the Sony universe and lets them share their experience with friends.
In addition to online opportunity, there will be “Welcome to Rekall” experiences in New York, Los Angeles and at Comic-Con. At these special kiosks, users will be able to choose their Rekall experience and receive a photo badge of themselves experiencing the Rekall-provided memory.
The site also offers viewers some background on the created world of the film in order to get them ready to enter Wiseman's fantastical realm.
You can visit the viral site to learn more and create your own experience WELCOMETOREKALL.COM.
"Total Recall" Teaser Trailer:
"Total Recall" is an action thriller about reality and memory, inspired anew by the famous short story “We Can Remember It For You Wholesale” by Philip K. Dick. Welcome to Rekall, the company that can turn your dreams into real memories. For a factory worker named Douglas Quaid (Colin Farrell), even though he's got a beautiful wife (Kate Beckinsale) who he loves, the mind-trip sounds like the perfect vacation from his frustrating life - real memories of life as a super-spy might be just what he needs. But when the procedure goes horribly wrong, Quaid becomes a hunted man. Finding himself on the run from the police – controlled by Chancellor Cohaagen (Bryan Cranston), the leader of the free world – Quaid teams up with a rebel fighter (Jessica Biel) to find the head of the underground resistance (Bill Nighy) and stop Cohaagen. The line between fantasy and reality gets blurred and the fate of his world hangs in the balance as Quaid discovers his true identity, his true love, and his true fate.
Len Wiseman directs a cast that includes Colin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale, Jessica Biel, Bryan Cranston, John Cho and Bill Nighy.
"Total Recall" opens in AMC Theatres on August 3, 2012.
Source: Columbia Pictures (Sony)
Want to see a movie tonight? Get your tickets as well as theatre and show time information here