It's safe to say one of the most anticipated movies of the year is Zack Snyder's "Man of Steel". With the help of producer and fan favorite, Christopher Nolan, the two will attempt to present The Last Son of Krypton in a unique way. Hopefully it does the awesome character justice for once, which will please fans of the comic-books, while also bringing in new ones.
Early screenings of the film have received very positive reactions. Keep in mind however, these are from WB employees, so their opinions are a little skewed.
According to JoBlo.com and their very reliable source, here are some notes on the screening:
"- Imagine a Nolan story with Snyder effects/action.
- It's the best movie of the year.
- There's TONS of action with Superman kicking all kinds of ass in his suit.
- The cape is CG'd most of the time so it can look awesome.
- They have intentionally left out most of the the Super action in trailers to save it.
- It's not nearly as dour and serious as the trailers suggest.
- The movie is complete, minus the 3D post-conversion, which is currently taking place"
While claiming the film is "the best movie of the year" is quite a bold statement, the points made do keep our already sky-high enthusiasm intact. Nolan helped create an amazing series with his "Dark Knight Trilogy", and we're hoping Warner Bros. gets another great D.C. character right, with his guidance, with "Man of Steel".
True to form with comic-book films these days, the movie is packed with star power including Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Kevin Costner, Russell Crowe, Laurence Fishburne, Christopher Meloni and Diane Lane.
"Man of Steel" hits AMC Theatres on June 14th.
Want to see a movie tonight? Get your tickets as well as theatre and showtime information here!
Follow us on Twitter for your daily dose of AMC Movie News! @AMCMovieNews
Follow me @Amirosie