AMC ENTERTAINMENT VISA CARD-RED CARPET SWEEPS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Please Note: The Application Period has been extended to June 30, 2023 for those of you who joined the waitlist by January 20, 2023. If you did not join the waitlist by then, you are not eligible to into the Sweepstakes via Application Entry.
- PROMOTION PERIOD: AMC Entertainment Visa Card-Red Carpet Sweeps (“Sweepstakes”) begins 12:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on December 13, 2022 and ends 11:59 p.m. CT on June 30, 2023 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the contiguous United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Alaska, Hawaii and Rhode Island) who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry (“Entrant”). AMC Stubs® Spends and Loyalty Members, Insider, Premiere and AMC Stubs Members are eligible to enter. There is no cost associated with being an AMC Stubs and Loyalty Member. Employees of American Multi-Cinema, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”), Deserve, Inc. Visa, Inc. Kobie Marketing, and each of their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible. This Sweepstakes is void wherever prohibited, and subject to all federal, state and local laws.
- HOW TO ENTER: There are two ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
- Via Application:
- Starting December 13, 2022, look for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org inviting you to join the waitlist for the AMC Visa Credit Card. Follow the directions in the email to sign up for the waitlist. You must join the waitlist by January 20, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. CT to be eligible for entry. Determination as to when an Entrant has joined the waitlist is at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- Beginning January 25, 2023, provided you joined the waitlist, look for an email from AMC Theaters inviting you to apply for an AMC Visa Credit Card. You must complete the online application (“Application”) in its entirety and follow the directions in order to submit your Application and receive your entry into the Sweepstakes (“Entry”). You must join the waitlist by 11:59 p.m. CT on January 20, 2023 and complete the application by 11:59 p.m. CT on June 30, 2023 to be eligible for entry. NOTE: If you submit an Application without first signing up for the waitlist, you will not receive an entry into the Sweepstakes. There is a limit of one (1) Application per person. Duplicate Applications will not be accepted. Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeper of this Sweepstakes.
- Via Mail:
To enter if you do not wish to apply for a Credit Card, hand print your name, complete mailing address, telephone number, email address and date of birth on a plain 3”x5” piece of paper and mail in a hand-addressed stamped envelope to: The AMC Entertainment Visa Card-Red Carpet Sweeps, P.O. Box 7764, Melville, NY 11775-7764. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by June 30, 2023 and received by July 10, 2023. Mechanically reproduced/photocopied mailed entries are automatically void. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person regardless of method of entry during the Sweepstakes Period. Each Mail-in Entry and Application Entry are collectively referred to as “Entries”.
- Via Application:
- RANDOM DRAWING: One (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received and postmarked during the Sweepstakes Period on or about July 11, 2023. Drawing will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Approximate odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible Entries received.
- PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”):
Grand Prize (1 winner): A 4-day/ 3-night trip for two (2) to attend a Sponsor-specified Red-Carpet Movie premiere with AMC CEO Adam Aron (subject to availability). Trip includes round-trip coach air transportation for two (2) from the major airport nearest winner’s home to premiere location, round-trip transfers between airport and hotel, hotel accommodations for 3-nights (one room/double-occupancy), a $200 Uber Git Card, and a $500 check to help offset taxes. The total ARV of the Grand Prize is $3,700. It is possible that the winner and travel companion may be required to either be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (or will be within two weeks prior to travel) or have received a negative test result from a third party administered COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours prior to the premiere date. Proof of full vaccination or negative test result may be required for entry for the premiere. No testing is provided on site for premiere guests. The following are acceptable as proof of full vaccination against COVID-19: CDC Vaccination card, photocopy of a vaccination card or a photograph stored on a phone or electronic device, digital government-issued vaccination pass, such as Healthvana or digital COVID-19 vaccine record, or documentation of full vaccination from a healthcare provider that includes the name of the person vaccinated and confirms that the person is fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Winner and travel companion who cannot show one of the above listed documents may not be admitted to the premiere. Please do not attend the premiere portion of the trip if you are experiencing flu like symptoms or have a fever, a persistent cough or are experiencing shortness of breath. Do not enter the premises if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19. No cash alternative or Prize substitution will be allowed, except in Sponsor's discretion. In the event the fulfillment of Prize (or portion of Prize) is not feasible for any reason beyond Sponsor’s control, Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to substitute an alternate Prize of equal or greater value. No responsibility or liability is assumed for damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance or use of Prize.
Trip must be taken on Sponsor specified dates or Prize may be forfeited. Certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Airline tickets are for travel from major airport in the contiguous United States and D.C. nearest winner’s home to destination (excluding HI, AK and RI). Actual retail value of trip is dependent upon airport of departure. Airline carrier's regulations and conditions apply. The trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. The winner and travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary. All other expenses and costs, not expressly listed above, including, but not limited to, airline baggage fees, taxes, tips, entertainment, meals, transfers, and transportation to airport to and from the winner’s home residence are the winner’s sole responsibility. Winner will be required to provide a valid major credit card or some other acceptable form of payment, as determined in the hotel’s sole discretion upon hotel check-in and all in-room charges, telephone calls, meals, beverages, hotel upgrades, amenities, personal incidentals, and any other expenses charged to the winner’s hotel room will be charged to that major valid credit card. Sponsor is not responsible for any fees or additional charges resulting from the winner’s or travel companion change to itinerary or accommodations. Accommodations are subject to availability. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed. Travel companion must be 18 years of age or older at time of travel or the winner must be the parent or legal guardian of the travel companion. Travel companion (or winner/as the parent or legal guardian of minor travel companion) will be required to execute a Release of Liability and Publicity Release and return it via email to the Administrator prior to travel. The winner and his/her/their travel companion must possess valid travel documents (i.e., valid government issued photo ID) in order to travel. Sponsor will not be responsible for Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage, pandemics or any natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation of the trip and ultimately these Official Rules will govern in any of these cases. A 1099 tax statement will be filed with the IRS for the actual total value of the Prize for the winner. Winner and his/her/their travel companion (or parent/legal guardian of minor travel companion) irrevocably waive all claims against the Released Parties and agree that the Released Parties will have no liability or responsibility and shall be held harmless by entrant/travel companion (or parent/legal guardian of minor travel companion) for any claim arising in connection with a potentially heightened risk of exposure to communicable diseases, viruses, bacteria or illnesses (including, without limitation, COVID-19) and the causes thereof, and sickness arising as a result of winner and/or travel companion participating in the Sweepstakes and related activities, wherever, whenever or however the same may occur. Winner and his/her/their travel companion (or parent/legal guardian of minor travel companion) fully understand that (a) the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and any resulting disease (together with any mutation, adaptation or variation thereof, “COVID-19”) is extremely contagious and there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any place where people are or have been present including the Prize; (b) no precautions, including the protocols that may be implemented from time to time based upon public health and government-sponsored guidelines (collectively, the “Protocols”), can eliminate the risk of exposure to COVID-19; (c) while people of all ages and health conditions have been adversely affected by COVID-19, certain people have been identified by public health authorities as having greater risk based on age and/or underlying medical conditions; and (d) exposure to COVID-19 can result in being subject to quarantine requirements, illness, disability, other short-term and long-term health effects, and/or death, regardless of age or health condition. A 1099 tax statement will be filed with the IRS for the winner for the actual total value of the Prize. The 1099 will be processed for the tax year in which the Prize was received. In the event the winner or his/her/their travel companion engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion) is inappropriate or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip early, in whole or in part, or eject them from the premiere and send the winner and/or travel companion’s home with no further compensation to the winner. Prize cannot be redeemed for cash. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. All federal, state, and local taxes as well as all costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use not specific herein as being provided are the winner’s responsibility. All Prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- GENERAL RULES: The Grand Prize winner will be required to complete a Declaration of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity Release (where legal) within 3 days of notification attempt or Prize will be forfeited and an alternate will be selected. If Prize or Prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, or if the potential winning Entrant fails to return the completed Declaration of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity Release within the required period, an alternate potential winning Entrant will be selected and contacted (in accordance with these Official Rules). Sponsor may require and winner must be willing to voluntarily submit to and complete a background check as a condition of continued eligibility. If the results of such background check are unsatisfactory, as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion, such potential winner may be deemed ineligible and will forfeit the Prize. If the winning Entrant does not comply with these Official Rules, then the potential winning Entrant may be disqualified, and an alternate potential winning Entrant will be selected and contacted (in accordance with these Official Rules). The potential winning Entrant is subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection and confirmation of the potential winner is final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use the winning Entrant’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade in any and all media now known or otherwise developed without further compensation or review, including a winner list, unless prohibited by law. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements (in any and all media/medium) contained in any Sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Entries become the property of the Sponsor. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone incompatibility or malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the software, products, equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of (or failure to process) the Entries in the Sweepstakes or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in connection with the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Entrant will be deemed to be the Entrant. Proof of submission of Entry does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt of such information, or eligibility for the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure of any email or Entry to be received by the Sponsor for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates these Official Rules; is suspected of cheating, fraud, or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any Entrant who uses or is suspected of using cheating, fraudulent means, unauthorized entry methods, or otherwise attempts to participate multiple times, or with multiple identities, social media accounts, e-mail and/or addresses will be disqualified. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes and select the winning Entry in a random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect Entries received prior to such action. By participating in the Sweepstakes, the Entrants/winner/travel companion (or parent/legal guardian of minor travel companion) agree that the Released Parties, their respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, representatives, suppliers, distributors and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees, members, representatives, agents, successors and assigns, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be released and held harmless by Entrant/administrator for any threatened or actual claims, actions and liability for any bodily injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize, if applicable, or participation in the Sweepstakes or in any related activity. By entering the Sweepstakes, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents and agree to be bound thereto.
- GOVERNING LAW & VENUE: Except to the extent pre-empted by federal or other applicable state law, the Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of Kansas, without giving effect to any conflict of law provisions thereof. By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between Entrant and Sponsor, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Kansas, having competent jurisdiction, which court shall apply the laws of the State of Kansas without giving effect to any conflict of law provisions thereof.
- WINNERS LIST: For the name of the winner, available after July 31, 2023, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope postmarked by September 20, 2023 to: AMC Entertainment Visa Card-Red Carpet Sweepstakes Winner, 100 Marcus Dr. Attn: SC, Melville, NY 11747.
- SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by American Multi-Cinema, Inc., 11500 Ash St., Leawood, KS 66211. The Administrator is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Dr, Melville, NY 11747.