AMC Stubs ® General Program Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions as amended from time to time (the "Program Terms") govern the overall AMC Stubs® loyalty program. The AMC Stubs program consists of both a free tier- AMC Stubs InsiderTM - and two paid membership tiers- AMC Stubs PremiereTM and AMC Stubs A-List™ (collectively, the “Program”) brought to you by American Multi -Cinema, Inc. (collectively, "we," "us," "our," "ours", “AMC Theatres”).
Your participation or use of any membership or related benefits in the Program ("Membership") at any time subjects the user ("you," "your," "yours," "Member") to the provisions of these Program Terms.
Membership in the Program will also involve use of our website including the mobile version thereof and use of the website is subject to our Terms & Conditions of Use ("General Terms"). The following is a link to the current General Terms: https://www.amctheatres.com/terms-and-conditions. You agree that your Membership or use of the Program also subjects you to the General Terms. In particular, please note that terms in the General Terms that therefore apply to the Program and are incorporated into these Program Terms by this reference include without limitation Electronic Communications, Mobile Services, Use of Service Is At Your Own Risk, Disclaimer of Implied Warranties, Limits on Liability, Indemnity, Binding Arbitration and Class Action Waiver, and Applicable Law. In the event of any conflict between the Program Terms and the General Terms with respect to the Program, the Program Terms will control.
Members who are members of the AMC Stubs A-List Membership tier are subject to the AMC Stubs A-List Terms and Conditions in addition to these Program Terms (including the General Terms). The following is a link to the current AMC Stubs A-List Terms and Conditions: https://www.amctheatres.com/amcstubs/alist/terms-and-conditions.
- MEMBERSHIP AND GENERAL TERMS/CONDITIONS
- MANUAL ADJUSTMENTS
- MEMBERSHIP FEE
- TERM; GRACE PERIOD, RENEWAL
- CHANGES TO THESE PROGRAM TERMS
MEMBERSHIP AND GENERAL TERMS/CONDITIONS
- Members of the Program agree to these Program Terms, as published and subject to periodic update at amctheatres.com/amcstubs. These Program Terms replaces all previously published information, and Members have the responsibility to check for any updates. If these Program Terms are updated, any changes will apply to all Members, including Members enrolled before AMC Theatres posts the updated text, except as may be prohibited by law. AMC Theatres may change these Program Terms, in whole or in part, at any time without notice, even though changes may affect rewards and benefits earned before such changes.
- By enrolling in the Program, Members agree to receive advertising, marketing materials and other Program communications, unless expressly disallowed as a profile preference. Members will be asked to provide an email address, name, and preferred theatre in order to receive benefits and reward notifications. We expect Members to submit and maintain accurate and current user information in connection with their Memberships. Periodically we will utilize the National Change of Address (NCOA) system to update the mailing addresses of accounts in our database through information provided by the United States Postal Service. Members can change their account information by (i) updating Member profile data through an authenticated amctheatres.com account, (ii) requesting an update from a crew member at the box office or Guest Service information desk of any AMC Theatres location in the US or (iii) contacting Guest Service team online at www.amctheatres.com/contact. We cannot assume any, and we disclaim all, liability for correspondence, mail or e-mail that is lost, delayed or misdirected.
- Membership is valid at participating AMC Theatres in U.S. locations. This program is not intended for individuals residing outside the U.S. Membership to AMC Stubs Insider and AMC Stubs Premiere are open to residents of the U.S. who are 13 years of age or older. Membership to AMC Stubs A-List is open to residents of the U.S. 16 years of age or older. If a Member is between 13 and the age of majority in their state or jurisdiction, the Member, by enrolling in the Program, acknowledges that he/she has obtained permission to do so from a parent or legal guardian. AMC Theatres does not knowingly collect information about individuals under 13 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian or other person and become aware of information collected from an individual under 13 years of age, please contact AMC Theatres immediately at www.amctheatres.com/contact.
- Membership accounts, benefits, points, special offers, and rewards (i) are nontransferable, except to a new Membership account for the same Member in the case of a lost or stolen account number, (ii) have no cash value and are not gift cards or gift certificates, (iii) may not be offered for resale, and (iv) are not redeemable for cash under any circumstance unless required by law. Accumulated points, rewards and special offers do not constitute property of the Member, nor are accumulated points, rewards and special offers transferable by the Member upon death, as part of a domestic relations matter or otherwise. Points, rewards, special offers, tier cost, and other benefits of the Program may be taxable to the Member where required by law. Rewards may not be used toward the purchase of AMC gift cards , retail merchandise, alcohol, or fees including membership, convenience, service or delivery fees.
- Entities or persons using the Program for profit are not eligible to become or remain Members or to accumulate rewards. Membership is intended for individual use only, and is not available to organizations, legal entities or groups such as, but not limited to businesses, churches, daycare, non-profits, etc.Abuse of the Program, including failure to follow these Program Terms, may result in cancellation of the Member’s Account, future disqualification from participation and forfeiture of all points, rewards and special offers accrued, in addition to other remedies available to us under applicable law. In connection with the enforcement of any provision of these Program Terms governing the Program, AMC Theatres reserves the right to take appropriate legal action as it deems necessary and will be entitled to recover damages, attorneys’ fees and court costs as allowed by applicable law.
- AMC Stubs Premiere and AMC Stubs Insider Members have the right to cancel their Membership at any time. If an AMC Stubs Premiere Member cancels their Membership during the first thirty (30) days of the initial, or any renewal term, he or she will be entitled to a full refund of the Membership fee for the Membership term during which such cancellation occurs, but only if such Member has not gained benefit from the tier during such 30-day period. No refunds will be available for cancellation by Member after such thirty (30) day period or in the event of fraudulent behavior on the part of Member. If an AMC Stubs Premiere Member cancels their Membership, such Member may elect to move to the AMC Stubs Insider, no-fee, tier or be removed from the Program in its entirety.
Members have a right to cancel by:
(i). Contacting Guest Service team online at www.amctheatres.com/contact
(ii). Presenting their AMC Stubs account number at the box office or Guest Service information desk of any AMC Theatres location in the US.
For specific rules and information regarding termination of AMC Stubs A-List Membership, see https://www.amctheatres.com/amcstubs/alist/terms-and-conditions.
AMC reserves the right to terminate a Membership, including any associated accounts, without notice, for any reason in our sole discretion, including, without limitation, abusive, vulgar, or offensive behavior by the AMC Stubs Member, or any member of the AMC Stubs party, towards any AMC Associate or other guest of AMC Theatres while on property, or our belief that continued use of such Membership would violate any provision of these Program Terms or applicable law, or would otherwise be harmful to our interests. In the event of any such termination by AMC Theatres, existing rewards will be valid until stated expiration date, unless earned rewards were a result of fraudulent behavior. Points, rewards and special discounts earned as a result of fraudulent behavior will be forfeited. Examples of fraudulent behavior that may result in Membership cancellation include, but are not limited to (1) making purchases either online, through AMC or third party vendors, or at the theatre and then refunding in an attempt to inflate spending or transactions on a Member’s account, and (2) posting Member-directed promotional offers or coupons, or an account number on websites or reproducing for use by third parties or public websites.
We may terminate or alter any or all of the benefits available under the Program at any time with or without notice. In the event of our termination of the Program, at our election we may maintain Membership benefits until expiration of special offers.
AMC Stubs Memberships may be closed and/or reward points reverted due to any type of computer or technical issues that may arise. This would include any type of electronic malfunctions or human error on behalf of AMC Associates. AMC will, to the best of its ability, attempt to later fix any accounts that were closed due to any of these reasons and reapply any outstanding rewards or points existing at the time the issue arose.
Members may be provided with the ability to use usernames, passwords, or other codes or devices to gain access to restricted portions of the Member website at amctheatres.com. Each Member has the responsibility for the use of their own password and username to gain access to the AMC Stubs loyalty website page.
We will have no responsibility for Member’s inability to access such restricted portions of such website if Member has lost or forgotten username, password or other necessary code. Members can request a password reset be emailed to them at amctheatres.com/amcstubs.
g. From time to time, Members may be eligible for sweepstakes, contests or other promotions. Participation in such events shall be subject to the terms, conditions and rules published at the time of such event and applicable state laws.
The Program entitles Members to the following points, rewards, special offers, and other Membership benefits. All benefits, rewards, special offers, and other savings received are treated as discounts for tax purposes.
a. Accumulation of points – AMC Stubs Insider. AMC Stubs Insider Members will receive 20 points per every one dollar spent on eligible purchases at participating AMC Theatres by presenting or entering their account number during box office and concession stand transactions, when purchasing tickets at an in-theatre kiosk, or when purchasing online at amctheatres.com and other approved ticketing partners. Points for concession stand and Dine-in-Theatre purchases will be awarded immediately to the Members’ account. Points for all ticket purchases made at box office, kiosk, or online and online food and drink purchases will be placed into a pending status and awarded on the business day following the showtime of the purchased ticket(s).
Points earned will expire in the event of account inactivity. A Member’s points will expire after a period of 24 consecutive calendar months with no point earning transaction. (Per section (d) below, activated virtual rewards are subject to expiration)
b. Accumulation of points – AMC Stubs Premiere and AMC Stubs A-List. AMC Stubs Premiere and AMC Stubs A-List Members receive 100 points per every one dollar spent on eligible purchases at a participating AMC Theatres location by presenting or entering their account number during box office and concession stand transactions, when purchasing tickets at an in-theatre kiosk, or when purchasing tickets online at amctheatres.com and other approved ticketing partners. Points for concession stand and Dine-in-Theatre purchases will be awarded immediately to the Members’ account. Points for all ticket purchases made at box office, kiosk, or online and online food and drink purchases will be placed into a pending status and awarded on the business day following the showtime of the purchased ticket(s). AMC Stubs A-List Members receive points on purchased tickets and concessions; no additional points are awarded on the monthly A-List membership fee or for admission tickets provided as part of the monthly fee.
Points earned will expire in the event of account inactivity. A Member’s points will expire after a period of 24 consecutive calendar months with no point earning transaction. (Per section (d) below, activated virtual rewards are subject to expiration)
Maximum qualifying earn per day is 50,000 points per AMC Stubs Premiere and AMC Stubs A-List account and 10,000 points per AMC Stubs Insider account; maximum number of eligible transactions per day is 10 per account. Members will not receive credit for spend greater than 50,000 points per day per AMC Stubs Premiere and AMC Stubs A-List accounts and 10,000 points per AMC Stubs Insider account or more than 10 transactions per day per account. Manual adjustments will not be available for accounts that hit this threshold. This 10-transaction limit may be lifted for special events.
c. Ineligible Purchases. The following purchases or products are NOT eligible toward earning points or redemption of rewards:
- AMC pre-paid discount, bulk or exchange tickets, Show Snack Coupons, passes or free admissions of any sort, admissions granted as a benefit of the AMC Stubs A-List program, third party subscriptions (including without limitation MoviePass™) or other discounted or bulk purchase items, either at the time of purchase OR time of redemption.
- Membership Fees including but not limited to A-List monthly fees and Premiere annual fee beginning December 1, 2020
- In conjunction with the use of a FREE box office or concession offer/pass.
- Initial purchase of gift cards; gift cards are eligibletoward earning rewards upon REDEMPTION at AMC Theatres locations in the U.S. but NOT upon initial purchase.
- Tips given to AMC employees.
- Auditorium or theatre rental event fees.
- Convenience, Service or Delivery fees
- Tickets or concessions purchased for organizations, legal entities or groups such as, but not limited to businesses, churches, daycare, non-profits, etc via auditorium buyout or otherwise.
- Ticket purchases that are refunded.
- Purchases made at AMC Theatres’ amazon.com page.
- Purchases made at a sublet space within an AMC Theatres location.
- Arcade purchases.
- Sales tax.
- Charitable donations or charitable products sold at AMC Theatres locations.
- Restrictions may apply to use or earning of points on purchases of alcohol, depending on the jurisdiction. Rewards may not be redeemed for the purchase of alcohol.
- The following items are eligible toward earning points, however rewards may not be redeemed for purchase:
- Retail merchandise
- Prepaid Event Food and Beverage items
d. Virtual Rewards. For every 5,000 points accumulated on purchases made at participating AMC Theatres locations, and approved ticketing partners, Members are eligible to activate a $5 virtual reward. Members may convert accumulated points to rewards, in increments of $5, when signed into their account online at amctheatres.com/amcstubs or on the AMC Theatres mobile app. After a $5 reward is activated the points will be immediately deducted from total point balance.
AMC Stubs Insider Members can use their $5 reward towards the purchase of eligible food and beverage items.
AMC Stubs Premiere Members can use their $5 reward towards tickets and eligible food and beverage items.
AMC Stubs A-List Members can use their $5 reward towards box office tickets not included as part of the monthly membership, and eligible food and beverage items.
Rewards may not be used toward the purchase of: gift cards, retail merchandise, Pre-paid Event Food And Beverage Items, alcohol or fees including membership, convenience, service or delivery.
Once activated, the $5 virtual reward will appear in the Member’s account. Rewards have no cash value. All points earned rewards are valid for 270 days from date of issuance at which time they will expire. Bonus reward expirations vary and expiration date will be posted along with offer. A Member may redeem their earned and unexpired rewards online at amctheatres.com.
Activated and available rewards will be treated as a discount and automatically applied to eligible items on the next eligible in-theatre or online purchase. Any unused portion of the reward will carry over and be applied on the next eligible purchase until expiration date.
e. Birthday Gift. If a Member provided a date of birth, a “birthday gift” will be automatically loaded onto the account on the first day of the birthday month that is entered into the Member’s profile. AMC Stubs Insider Members will receive a free large popcorn and AMC Stubs Premiere and AMC Stubs A-List Members will receive a free large fountain drink & a free large popcorn. Offer is valid for one calendar month from the date of issuance at which time it will expire. The birthday gift will be automatically redeemed when ordering food and beverage products online or at participating AMC Theatres locations in the US by presenting the AMC Stubs account. New enrollments must be active for one calendar month before the Member is eligible to receive the birthday gift. Gourmet popcorn and promotional offers are excluded from the birthday gift.
f. Ticketing Fee Waiver. AMC Stubs Premiere and AMC Stubs A-List members purchasing tickets through amctheatres.com or other designated ticketing partners will have all ticketing fees waived. AMC Stubs Insider Members purchasing tickets through amctheatres.com will receive a waiver of ticketing fees when purchasing four or more tickets in a single transaction or a Private Theatre Rental.
g. Refills. Members will receive one same day free refill on large popcorn purchases. Gourmet popcorn and promotional offers are excluded. AMC Stubs members must pay for the first refill on the annual refillable popcorn bucket and can then receive a second same day refill for free with valid receipt.
h. Concession Upgrades. AMC Stubs A-List and AMC Stubs Premiere Members will receive free upgrades on fountain drinks and popcorn (regular to large). Cameo sizes excluded. Free upgrade cannot be combined with any other promotional offer, promotional size or upon redemption of a Show Snack coupon. Gourmet popcorn and promotional offers are excluded from concession upgrades.
i. Discount Tuesdays. Discount applies to full-price tickets for Tuesday showtimes only. AMC Stubs member number must be present on the transaction to receive discount. Surcharges for premium formats, special events. Exclusions apply. Virtual reality experiences and premium events such as, but not limited to, fan events, private screenings, movie marathon/double features, Metropolitan Opera, broadcasts of sporting events and other showtimes and events (including select showtimes of certain foreign language films) are excluded.
Discount Tuesday pricing varies by location.
Tuesday tickets are available for purchase in-theatre at the box office, kiosk, through the AMC Mobile app, and online at AMCTheatres.com and select ticketing partner sites. Group purchases and group discounts do not apply.
j. Other Benefits. From time to time, AMC Theatres, in its discretion, may offer additional benefits and events to Members. For example,
At any given time, AMC Theatres may sponsor sweepstakes. Each sweepstakes will have its own set of terms and conditions; AMC employees and family members are not eligible to win. Depending on the sweepstakes, AMC Stubs Members may receive automatic entry with each use of their account number.
- At any given time, AMC Theatres may host a special AMC Stubs Member only movie screening at select theatres in certain markets. To take part when a screening becomes available, Members must be opted in to receive email notifications. If selected to participate, Members will be notified of these screenings via email.
- At any given time, AMC Theatres may provide eligible Members with point promotions. Each promotion will have its own set of terms and conditions and may require the AMC Stubs Member to opt into (register for) the promotion. Members will be notified of the promotions via email and/or SMS.
- At any given time, AMC Theatres may provide AMC Stubs Members with limited time offers on movie tickets and concession stand items. These offers will have their own set of terms and conditions and will not be eligible to be combined with other promotional offers or AMC Stubs benefits (i.e., discounts and upgrades etc.).
- AMC Stubs Priority Lanes are available for AMC Stubs A-List and AMC Stubs Premiere Members at participating locations. Priority service is a designated line for AMC Stubs A-List and AMC Stubs Premiere Members only at box office and concession stand.
k. AMC Stubs Account Number; Expiration. To be eligible for Membership benefits and to earn points your account number must be (i) presented when purchasing tickets at the box office, (ii) entered when prompted at our in-theatre kiosks, (iii) entered into the appropriate area of amctheatres.com/amcstubs or the ticketing partner transaction page for purchases, or (iv) presented at the concession stand when purchasing concession products. It is the Member’s responsibility to present the account number in condition to be entered at the time of the transaction.
To earn or apply benefits, the Membership account must be active at the time of purchase. Members will NOT be credited retroactively for purchases made without an active Membership account presented at the time of purchase.
AMC Theatres is not responsible for the use or redemption of rewards from an account that has been lost, stolen, or otherwise used without Member’s permission.
All rewards are the property of AMC Theatres.
- MANUAL ADJUSTMENTS
If upon the entry of AMC Stubs account number, the computer is inaccessible or if the Member forgot their account number, original ticket stubs may be presented for credit during the next theatre visit or by contacting AMC Stubs Customer Service. Receipts or ticket stubs are required for manual adjustments. No more than two manual adjustments will be allowed per account in a single calendar month. Manual adjustments will not be made for purchases made beyond 30 calendar days from date of original purchase. AMC reserves the right to refuse manual adjustments in the event of suspected abuse of the Program or fraud.
To earn rewards or apply benefits, the Membership account must be active and available at the time of purchase. Members will NOT be credited retroactively for purchases made without an active Membership at the time of purchase.
- Ticket Refunds
a. Tickets. Please visit https://www.amctheatres.com/faqs/tickets-and-passes for full refund policy and questions. All points that a Member has earned for the purchase that is being refunded will be deducted from the accumulated point balance. AMC Stubs rewards that were used towards the purchase will be reverted back to the account with the original expiration date unless the expiration date has already passed.
- AMC Stubs Insider MEMBERSHIP FEE.
The Membership fee for the AMC Stubs Insider tier is $0. AMC Stubs Insider Members may cancel Membership at any time as described above in Paragraph 1(f). AMC Stubs Insider Members may upgrade to the AMC Stubs A-List or AMC Stubs Premiere tier at any time with payment of the applicable Membership fee in effect at the time of upgrade.
- AMC Stubs Premiere MEMBERSHIP FEE.
The annual AMC Stubs Premiere Membership is $15. Membership fees are subject to taxation in accordance with applicable federal, state, provincial or local law. We may change the Membership fee at any time, but changes will apply only to new and renewal Memberships. The fee is not refundable unless the Membership is cancelled during the first thirty (30) days of then current one-year Membership term (including any renewal term), as described above in Paragraph 1(f). AMC Stubs Premiere Members may upgrade to the AMC Stubs A-List tier at any time with payment of the applicable Membership fee in effect at the time of upgrade.
AMC Stubs A-List MEMBERSHIP FEE.
For the applicable AMC Stubs A-List Membership fees, see https://www.amctheatres.com/amcstubs/alist/terms-and-conditions.
- AMC Stubs Insider TERM.
The AMC Stubs Insider Membership term is unlimited as long as the account stays in an active status. AMC reserves the right to cancel the account after 2 years (24 consecutive months) of non-use.
- AMC Stubs Premiere TERM, GRACE PERIOD, RENEWALS.
The AMC Stubs Premiere Membership term extends to the end of the month one year from the date of payment for Membership enrollment. Renewals within a current term extend the existing expiration date by one year from end of the prior term. Members will have a 30-day grace period for renewal. During this grace period, eligible Members may continue to accumulate credits toward and use unexpired Rewards. If after the 30-day grace period no renewal has occurred, or if the Member voluntarily cancels their Premiere Membership, the Member’s account will be automatically converted to the AMC Stubs Insider tier unless the Member requests to be removed from the Program in its entirety. As an AMC Stubs Insider member, all earned points and available rewards will be carried over.
8b. AMC Stubs Premiere RENEWALS - Automatic Payment Authorization
By signing up for the AMC Stubs Premiere membership online or enabling automatic renewals from your AMC Stubs dashboard, you authorize AMC Theatres to initiate charges/debits to the credit card or debit card ("Payment Method") information provided to us in connection with your Membership automatically to pay the Membership fee plus applicable taxes due for each membership period and any other amounts you may owe us. You are responsible for updating your Payment Method, including any change in account number or payment card expiration date. If you have more than one Payment Method on file, we may charge/debit any such Payment Method.
Charges/debits will be made to the Payment Method on or after the first day of each membership period and in the amount of your Membership Fee, $15.00 plus applicable taxes for the membership period.
If a charge/debit is returned unpaid, we will provide notice to email address on file to provide notice to update payment information. We will resubmit returned charges/debits up to the maximum number of times and within the periods permitted by payment network rules. If resubmissions are accepted, we will renew your Membership. If one or more resubmissions is rejected or the Membership fee otherwise continues to remain unpaid, your account will be downgraded to AMC Stubs Insider tier.
Automatic payment authorization will continue until cancelled by you or us. If you cancel automatic payments, your AMC Stubs Premiere Membership will not be automatically renewed and may be downgraded to Insider tier after expiration if not renewed separately from automatic renewal process. You may cancel this authorization by navigating to your AMC Stubs dashboard on the AMC Theatres mobile app or Your cancellation will take effect after we have had a reasonable opportunity to act on it, up to a maximum of five (5) business days.
We will provide you with at least thirty days (30) prior written notice via e-mail of material changes to the Membership benefits or if the Membership fee to be charged or debited changes, provided that you agree we will only send such notice when the change is due to a change in the Membership fee and not a change in applicable taxes.
For the applicable terms of AMC Stubs A-List, please see https://www.amctheatres.com/amcstubs/alist/terms-and-conditions.
These Program Terms, including all documents referenced herein, represents the entire understanding between us and any user of the Program with respect to the Program and supersedes any other agreements, statements or representations. Headings used in these Program Terms are for reference only and shall not affect the meaning of any terms. Any user of any portion of the AMC Stubs Program is deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions of these Program Terms.
- CHANGES TO THESE PROGRAM TERMS.
We may change the terms of these Program Terms at any time without notice or liability by posting revised Program Terms on the Member Program website located at amctheatres.com. Any change shall take effect immediately upon posting, unless otherwise provided. You may view the current version of these Program Terms at any time online at amctheatres.com/amcstubs. You may also obtain a copy at any AMC Theatres location or by contacting Guest Service team online at www.amctheatres.com/contact.
Date of Last Revision: April 1, 2021