As a Cook, you assist the food and beverage team in making sure that every single guest enjoys the experience. How so? You’ll ensure consistent food quality, prepare orders in a short period of time and prepare menu items in accordance with established recipes and guidelines. In addition, you’ll maintain a clean, sanitary, and safe work area in a fast paced environment. Easier said than done, right? Let’s break it down into your soon-to-be responsibilities:
- Maintain communication with other cooks to assemble food orders within established average ticket time while preparing several different orders simultaneously.
- Adhere to recipes to ensure consistent food quality and presentation.
- Answer questions courteously, accurately, and quickly.
- Perform required sanitation procedures.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, fryers, or ovens according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Uphold cleanliness and ensure proper sanitation of entire kitchen including food prep area, cooking equipment, counters, shelves, utensils, and storage areas.
At AMC, we live in a team-based culture where a take-charge approach exists at all levels. We offer continuous training and development programs, a highly competitive compensation plan and excellent benefits. Ready to get started? First, answer these questions: Are you passionate about doing what it takes to get the job done? Do you enjoy satisfying guests? Can you run a kitchen operation like a well-oiled machine?
As a Cook at AMC, you’ll need to demonstrate:
- Proficiency in kitchen operations and execution.
- Complete food handling training and obtain any local or state mandated certification.
- Must be able to cook food to recipe standards.
- Must have working knowledge of U.S. measurements, weight and volume.
- Ability to follow instructions on safe use of all chemical/cleaning materials.
- Ability to work effectively with supervisors and co-workers and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to stand on feet for an extended period of time.
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs.
- Ability to walk, lift, twist, bend, reach, and handle food products on a frequent basis.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and move it 75 yards on a regular basis.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with supervisors and co-workers in a high-volume setting.
As if working in the entertainment world wasn’t enough, you’re entitled to many benefits as an AMC associate including FREE movie passes, health and 401(k) plans, and an employee assistance program. If helping run a high volume kitchen, great benefits and having fun matter to you, apply today!