As a Server, you assist the food and beverage team in making sure that every single guest enjoys the experience. How so? You accurately take food and beverage orders, relay orders to kitchen for preparation, deliver prepared food to guests, while providing superior guest service. You will also provides a vital link between our guest and the kitchen staff. Easier said than done, right? Let’s break it down into your soon-to-be responsibilities:
- Greet guests in a timely and professional manner.
- Possess full knowledge of bar and menu items and be able to make recommendations.
- Accurately take food and beverage orders in a timely manner.
- Verify guests that purchase alcohol are at least 21 years of age.
- Coordinate and assist with reserved seating tactics.
- Consistently use suggestive selling techniques.
- Collaborate with kitchen staff to ensure that food orders are accurate.
- Deliver food and beverage orders within established time frames once the entire order is completed.
At AMC, we live in a team-based culture where a take-charge approach exists at all levels. We offer continuous training and development programs, a highly competitive compensation plan and excellent benefits. Ready to get started? First, answer these questions: Are you passionate about doing what it takes to get the job done? Do you enjoy satisfying guests?
As a Server at AMC, you’ll need to demonstrate:
- Proof of age. (Associates who will be serving, pouring, or mixing alcoholic beverage will need to be 18 and in some states 21).
- Complete basic food handling training and obtain any local or state mandated certification.
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior guest service.
- Have a high aptitude for math and cash handling.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Obtain any necessary alcohol service licensing requirements.
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs.
- Ability to walk, lift, twist, bend, reach, and handle food products on a frequent basis.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and move it 75 yards on a regular basis.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with supervisors and co-workers in a high-volume setting.
As if working in the entertainment world wasn’t enough, you’re entitled to many benefits as an AMC associate including FREE movie passes, a 401(k) plan, and an employee assistance program. If helping run a theatre, great benefits and having fun matter to you, apply today!