Here are some FAQs about the transition:
All four Cinetopia theatres will be re-branded to be part of the AMC family of theatres. The first thing you will notice is the signs on the interior of the building being transitioned to the new brand. In the next few months, the exterior signage will also be updated. Below is a summary of the brand/name changes:
- AMC DINE-IN – Movies with a Menu. We’ve got a full menu of fresh, handcrafted entrees, appetizers and desserts. Order at the counter for express pickup or delivery to your seat. Reserve your tickets in advance when you purchase online and pick your favorite seat.
- Cinetopia Overland Park 18 will become AMC DINE-IN Prairiefire 17
- Cinetopia Progress Ridge 14 in Beaverton will become AMC DINE-IN Progress Ridge 13
- AMC – AMC Amazing theatres. AMC Theatres is dedicated to innovating the way you see movies. Come enjoy the very best of cutting-edge moviegoing. Taste our special menu of elevated cinema favorites and enjoy bolder flavors, wider variety, and superior quality movie snacks. And reserve your tickets in advance when you purchase online!
- Cinetopia Vancouver Mall 23 will become AMC Vancouver Mall 23
- AMC CLASSIC – America’s Hometown Theatres. Fun, friendly, local theatres that you can depend on for a great moviegoing experience with value in mind, including annual refillable popcorn buckets!
- Cinetopia Mill Plain 8 in Vancouver will become AMC CLASSIC Mill Plain 8
All three AMC brands are supported by the same website, AMCTheatres.com, the same AMC Theatres app and our AMC Theatres social media channels. More changes are outlined in the questions below . . .
During our review of the operating parameters in these theatres, it was determined that the expansive menu items available in our AMC and AMC CLASSIC brands were the best fit to deliver the amazing experience our guests can expect in our theatres. AMC DINE-IN Prairiefire 17 (formerly Cinetopia Overland Park 18) and AMC DINE-IN Progress Ridge 13 (formerly Cinetopia Progress Ridge 14) will continue to offer in-theatre dining experiences.
As we reviewed the theatre names, we took some opportunities to change the number to accurately reflect the true auditorium count. No auditoriums have been closed.
If you’re not already an AMC Stubs member, you can sign up now. Learn more and join at amcstubs.com. You can join AMC Stubs Insider for FREE or you can upgrade to AMC Stubs Premiere for even more perks.
- AMC Stubs Insider is FREE to join. Members receive tons of benefits including a free refill on large popcorn, Discount Tuesdays, and a $5 reward to spend on concessions every time 5,000 points are earned (earn 20 points per $1 spent).
- AMC Stubs Premiere is an annual membership for just $15+tax, in which members earn even more benefits. Earn points 5x faster toward $5 rewards that can be spent on tickets and concessions. Membership also includes FREE upgrades to larger sizes on popcorn and fountain drinks, and Premiere priority service at the box office and Concessions at participating theatres.
- AND introducing AMC Stubs A-List. Make free online reservations and see up to 3 movies every week for just one low price per month.
Bring your existing Cinetopia loyalty card into one of the 4 previous Cinetopia locations by August 22, 2019 and we’ll look up your account number, honor any outstanding rewards you have on your account, or round you up to the next reward you would have earned.
Cinetopia discount tickets will be redeemable at the specified location. Cinetopia gift cards with balances can be transferred to an AMC gift card by either contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by taking the Cinetopia gift card to Guest Services at a former Cinetopia theatre.
Temporarily. The Vinotopia and Brewtopia restaurants will become MacGuffins Bars with a full alcohol menu that you can enjoy there or take with you into the auditorium! The availability of food items will vary by location.
Yes, we plan to serve your favorite adult beverages in MacGuffins Bar. You will be able to enjoy drinks in the lounge or take them into the auditorium with you. Please be aware that some bars may not be open right away while we go through the process to obtain the proper licenses.
Now that your theatre is officially in the AMC family – you can take full advantage of our state-of-the-art website (AMCTheatres.com) and mobile app to find showtimes, buy tickets, learn more about your favorite movies or sign up for our AMC Stubs loyalty program. You will still be able to buy tickets through Fandango.com, MovieTickets.com, and now through Atom Tickets. Of course, you can still buy them at the theatre.
Yes, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they will increase. For example, we are offering $5+tax tickets on Discount Tuesdays for AMC Stubs members. AMC Stubs Insider is free to join and includes perks like free popcorn refills and points earned toward rewards on every purchase. Also, our biggest movie fans can sign up for AMC Stubs A-List, which will allow them to watch up to 3 movies a week for one low monthly fee.
Ticket and concession prices will be adjusted to fit within AMC standards while considering theatre amenities and the competitive landscape. In many cases, you may actually notice that prices are now lower! As is normal for our industry, AMC periodically evaluates pricing and may make pricing changes based on market conditions, increasing operating costs or when premium formats are introduced.
No major renovations are scheduled at this time. Full theatre renovations are determined on a theatre-by-theatre basis, and we’ll be sure to let you know if your theatre is scheduled for any renovations if and when the time comes
Yes, your theatre name will change based on the brands outlined above. Be sure to look for the new name on Fandango and MovieTickets.com. You also can buy tickets directly at AMCTheatres.com. If you have a Cinetopia website page bookmarked, it will now redirect to AMC.
Theatres do not handle local advertising requests – all requests must come through AMC Corporate. Please visit www.amctheatres.com/business/advertise-in-theatres for more information.
At AMC Theatres, we demonstrate our commitment to the communities we serve, and foster the growth and development of our associates through volunteer opportunities, in-kind and monetary donations, and our sustainability programs. To that end, we have developed the AMC Cares Charitable Fund, as well as AMC’s Giving Back, Matching Gift, Associate Scholarship, and Community Pass Donation Programs.
To learn more, please visit www.amctheatres.com/corporate/in-the-community.
We’re so excited to welcome you into the AMC family! Follow us on social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube) for a peek at what you can look forward to and for exclusive news about what we all love most – the movies.