AMERICAN MULTI-CINEMA, INC. OFFICIAL RULES
The Call of the Wild Themed Trip Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Sweepstakes Entry Period. The “Sweepstakes Entry Period” begins at 12:00:01 A.M. [CST] on January 27, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. [CST] on February 23, 2020.
- Eligibility. The Call of the Wild Themed Trip Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal U.S. residents residing in one of the 48 contiguous United States, excluding Rhode Island or the District of Columbia, who are at least: (a) 18 years of age or (b) the age of majority in their state of residence, if higher than 18, at the time of entry. AMC Stubs Insider and Premiere members are eligible to participate. AMC Stubs A-List members are also eligible to participate via ticket purchase (but not reservation), as well as without purchase as detailed below. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Rhode Island, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. military installations in foreign countries and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers, directors, members, managers, agents and representatives and their immediate families or members of their household (i.e., spouse, partner, parents, children, siblings, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents and grandchildren, regardless of where they live) of American Multi-Cinema, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation (“Studio”), Element London Limited (“Sweepstakes Administrator”) or each of their respective partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, divisions and advertising, promotion, public relations agencies (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), are not eligible to enter or win. Studio is not responsible for the collection, submission or processing of entries, the administration of the Sweepstakes, the selection of the winner or the fulfillment of the prize. Entrants are supplying their information to Sponsor and not to Studio.
- How to Enter. During the Sweepstakes Entry Period, an eligible person may enter as follows, with a limit of one (1) entry per day per person, regardless of entry method:
- THE Call of the wild Ticket Purchase with AMC Stubs® Card: Use your AMC Stubs Card when purchasing a ticket to THE Call of the wild (“Film”) at any AMC theatre showing the Film, at amctheatres.com or at a designated ticketing partner’s website. For each ticket purchase transaction (subject to the limitation stated above) on a separate day during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. The AMC Stubs Member (as per Sponsor’s records) will receive one (1) entry. If the AMC Stubs Member purchases Film ticket(s) for guest(s), only the AMC Stubs Member, but not the guest(s) will receive entries. No entry will be received if the AMC Stubs Card is not presented by the AMC Stubs Member when purchasing the Film ticket at the box office or swiped by the AMC Stubs Member at an Automated Box Office (as applicable). If AMC Stubs Member does not have his/her Membership Number, he/she may request box office personnel to look for his/her AMC Stubs Account by providing his/her name and phone number. For online purchases, no entry will be received if the complete AMC Stubs Card number is not inputted or recorded by the AMC Stubs Member in the designated area of www.amctheatres.com or a designated ticketing partner’s transaction website. No entry will be received if the ticket purchase transaction is later voided for any reason (e.g., non-payment) or use of AMC Stubs Card is determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion not to be in full compliance with the Terms and Conditions of the AMC Stubs Program.
- MAIL ENTRY - NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. An eligible person may enter the Sweepstakes (subject to the limitations stated above) by mail by printing their First and Last Name, Street Address, City, State, Zip Code, Date of Birth, Phone Number and Email Address (if any) on a 3”x5” card and mailing to AMC CALL OF THE WILD SWEEPSTAKES NPN ENTRY, Element London 5 Morie Street London, UK, SW18 1SL, to be postmarked by February 24, 2020 and received by March 6. 2020. Each valid 3”x5” card will result in receipt of one (1) entry (subject to the limitations stated above and this paragraph). Limit of one (1) 3”x5” card per outer mailing envelope. No copies, mechanical reproductions or metered mail accepted. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery or proof of entry.
Only complete and valid entries will be eligible. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant warrants that he or she has read and agrees to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in the Sweepstakes. Eligible entrants agree that Sponsor shall retain full authority, in its sole discretion, to interpret and administer these Official Rules, and entrants agree to be bound by all decisions and interpretations made in good faith by the Sponsor, or its designee (i.e., Sweepstakes Administrator).
All entries become property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries that are late, incomplete, garbled/jumbled, illegible, misdirected, lost, damaged, delayed, stolen or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules are void. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other website or e-mail address, including, without limitation, commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, electronic malfunctioning of any telephone network, computer hardware or software; any failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any combination thereof; or for any error, human, technical or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any fraudulent entries or any individual it finds tampering with the operation or entry process of the Sweepstakes or acting in violation of these Official Rules. If, for any reason, an entry is determined by Sponsor or Sweepstakes Administrator to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if feasible; if not feasible for any reason, Sponsor and Sweepstakes Administrator shall not have any liability to entrant in conjunction with same. Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation and each of its parent, affiliates, and subsidiaries are not responsible for the promotion, administration, or execution of this Sweepstakes.
- Winner Selection. On or about March 9, 2020, Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator will randomly select one entry, from all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Entry Period, to receive the below defined prize (the “Prize”). Decisions of the Sweepstakes Administrator and Sponsor will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. If the potential winner does not respond within five business days of the first notification attempt, is found to be ineligible, does not comply with these Official Rules or declines to accept the prize, the potential winner may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and in such case Sponsor/ Sweepstakes Administrator may select an alternate winner based on a random drawing.
One (1) Prize – 4-day/3-night trip for one (1) winner and up to three (3) guests to Durango, Colorado, to take a steam train ride through the Rocky Mountains. Approximate Retail Value: $4,995.
Prize is not transferable. No substitution or cash redemption of Prize, or any portion thereof, is allowed, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor is not responsible for any inability of any winner to accept or use Prize (or portion thereof) for any reason. No more than the stated number of Prizes (i.e., one  Prize) will be awarded. Winner is solely responsible for all unspecified costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty, representation or guarantee of any kind by Sponsor. Transfer of Prize is not permitted without the permission of Sponsor which may be granted or withheld in its sole discretion and without liability of any kind. Prize value as stated represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of approximate retail value of prize.
4-day/3-night trip for winner and up to three (3) guests to Durango, Colorado to take a festive-themed steam train ride through the Rocky Mountains. Prize includes (i) round-trip coach air transportation for winner and up to three (3) guests from major gateway city airport within the Eligibility Area nearest the winner’s home to Albuquerque, New Mexico, the winner and all guests must travel from one departure location and must travel on the same itinerary; (ii) log cabin accommodations (1 room, quadruple occupancy), for 3 nights; (iii) rental car for 4 days (iv) first-class tickets for a festive-themed steam train ride which departs from and returns to Durango, Colorado; (v) (2) goody bags. The festive-themed train journey is available from middle November 2020 to early January 2021, if unavailable over the winner’s chosen travel dates, an alternative activity of comparable value of Sponsor’s sole choosing will be provided in lieu of steam train ride which shall represent the entire liability of Sweepstakes Entities as to such prize element. Winner or one of his/her guests must be the designated/named driver who must be at least 25 years of age, in possession of a full, clean driving license and at least one major credit card as well as fully complying with all other requirements of rental car company; should neither winner nor of any of his/her guests qualify for car rental, Sponsor shall supply ground transportation in lieu thereof which shall represent the entire liability of Sweepstakes Entities as to such prize element All travel arrangements must be made by travel agent designated by Sponsor. Trip must be taken by April 1, 2021; winner must provide forty-five (45) days’ advanced notice prior to intended travel date. Travel is subject to availability, blackout dates and other restrictions. Winner and guests must conduct themselves at all times in a socially responsible, appropriate and well-behaved manner during the trip, including during steam train ride; and, should winner or guest(s) fail to do so, trip will be immediately terminated for winner and/or guest(s), with Sweepstakes Entities having no liability to winner and/or guest[s] (as applicable).
Should winner live within reasonable driving distance of Durango, Colorado (as determined by Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator in their sole discretion), air travel component of Prize will be replaced with ground transportation and no alternate prize or compensation will be awarded in conjunction therewith.
Any guest who is a minor in his/her state of residence must be accompanied on trip by his/her parent or legal guardian, who must be either the winner or another allotted guest of winner. Should winner choose to travel with fewer than three (3) guests (including failure of guest[s] to timely sign and return a Liability/Publicity Release, as discussed below), the Prize will be modified so as to be appropriate for the actual number of travelers and no alternate prize or compensation will be awarded in conjunction therewith.
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize: $4,995. The ARV of the Prize is subject to fluctuations in airfare and the value may vary depending on the location of the departure city. Any difference in the stated ARV and the actual value of the Prize will not be awarded. All other expenses not specified herein, including flight insurance, travel insurance, meals and personal expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Odds of Winning. Odds of winning the Prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
- Claiming the Prize. The potential winner will be notified by e-mail (if provided) and/or mail or phone. In the event that Sponsor or Sweepstakes Administrator cannot contact the potential winner of Prize despite reasonable (in its sole discretion) attempts, Sponsor or Sweepstakes Administrator may, in its sole discretion, randomly select a new, alternate potential winner from the remaining eligible entries received. Return of Prize or prize notification as undeliverable (including, if applicable, due to failure of an AMC Stubs Member to include his/her current email address or mailing address as part of his/her Member profile information) will result in disqualification and an alternate potential winner may be selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The potential winner will be required to complete, sign and return to the address requested an Affidavit and Liability/Publicity Release within five (5) business days of receipt of the Prize Claim Documents. If such documents are not returned to Sponsor prior to such deadline, any Prize may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion, such potential winner shall be disqualified, and an alternate winner selected by Sponsor in a new random drawing from the remaining eligible entries. Except where prohibited by law, winner also grants Sponsor and its designees the right to use the winner’s full name, hometown, images and likenesses for advertising, publicity and promotion purposes, including print, broadcast and on-line announcements, without further compensation than the said prize and at no expense to the winner, and Sponsor shall not be obligated to make any such use.
- Taxes. Each winner is responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes. Sponsor or Sweepstakes Administrator will issue winner an IRS 1099 Tax Form, and winner agrees to fully cooperate in complying with applicable governmental reporting requirements. The potential winner will be required to complete, sign and return to Sponsor an IRS Form W-9 prior to receiving the Prize. Failure to complete, sign and return a W-9 will result in the winner being disqualified, and in such case Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate winner in a random drawing from remaining eligible entries.
- General. Each entrant agrees to, accepts and shall abide by these Official Rules and agrees that any disputes shall be resolved by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify, amend or suspend the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Sweepstakes has been, or could be, compromised or that the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including without limitation due to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or force majeure or any other causes beyond Sponsor’s control. Sweepstakes void where prohibited or restricted. If any provision of this Sweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or municipal law, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of this Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the winner or Prize. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing to award the Prize from among all eligible, non-suspect, entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted at amctheatres.com/giveaway/call-of-the-wild.
- DISPUTES RESOLVED VIA ARBITRATION. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Sweepstakes, you understand and agree that any claim or dispute regarding the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules will be resolved individually (NOT AS PART OF A CLASS ACTION/PROCEEDING) by means of binding arbitration (NOT IN A COURT OF LAW; THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL IS BEING WAIVED). As fully set forth in the “Arbitration” provision of the Terms and Conditions of Use of the AMC Theatres website (accessible at amctheatres.com/terms-and-conditions), such arbitration will be conducted by a one-member panel of the American Arbitration Association; will be conducted under the Federal Arbitration Act; and will be governed by Kansas law, regardless of choice of law principles.
- Release. By participating, each entrant agrees to hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, representatives, agents, successors and assigns, from any liability whatsoever, and waive and release such parties from any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional) arising out of or in connection with the event or acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of Prize, participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, or participation in the Sweepstakes, whether under a theory of contract, torts (including, without limitation, negligence), warranty, or any other theory or cause of action.
- Sponsor. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by American Multi-Cinema, Inc., 11500 Ash St., Leawood, KS 66211. Sponsor will provide the winner’s list upon request. To obtain the winner’s list or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Element London 5 Morie Street London, UK, SW18 1SL for receipt by March 31, 2020.