AMC STUBS “FAST & FURIOUS PRESENTS: HOBBS & SHAW MCLAREN DRIVING EXPERIENCE” SWEEPSTAKES
AMERICAN MULTI-CINEMA, INC. OFFICIAL RULES (“Official Rules”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Sweepstakes Entry Period. The “Sweepstakes Entry Period” begins at 12:00:01 A.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 28, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. ET on August 4, 2019.
- Eligibility. The AMC Stubs “Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw McLaren Driving Experience” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal U.S. residents residing in one of the 48 contiguous United States, excluding Rhode Island, or the District of Columbia (“Eligibility Area”), who are at least: (a) 25 years of age AND (b) have a valid U.S. driver’s license, at the time of entry. AMC Stubs Insider and Premiere members are eligible to participate. AMC Stubs A-List members are not eligible to participate. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Rhode Island, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. military installations in foreign countries and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers, directors, members, managers, agents and representatives and their immediate families or members of their household (i.e., spouse, partner, parents, children, siblings, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents and grandchildren, regardless of where they live) of American Multi-Cinema, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Universal Pictures Marketing, a division of Universal Film Exchanges LLC (“Studio”), McLaren Automotive Limited (“Prize Supplier”), Promotional Resources Group, Inc. (“Sweepstakes Administrator”) and each of their respective partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, divisions and advertising, promotion, public relations agencies (collectively, “Promotion Entities”), are not eligible to enter or win. Studio is not responsible for the collection, submission or processing of entries, the administration of the Sweepstakes, the selection of the winner or the fulfillment of the Prize (defined below). Entrants are supplying their information to Sponsor and not to Studio.
- How to Enter. During the Sweepstakes Entry Period, an eligible person may enter as follows, with a limit of one (1) entry per day per person, regardless of entry method:
- Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw Ticket Purchase for Opening Weekend (8/1-4/2019) with AMC Stubs® Card: Use your AMC Stubs Membership Number (or log into your AMC Stubs Account) when purchasing a ticket to the opening weekend (Thursday, August 1, 2019 – Sunday, August 4, 2019) of Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (“Film”) at any AMC theatre showing the Film, at amctheatres.com or at a designated ticketing partner’s website. For each qualifying ticket purchase transaction (subject to the limitation stated above) on a separate day during the Sweepstakes Entry Period, the AMC Stubs Member (as per Sponsor’s records) will receive one (1) entry. IMPORTANT: TICKETS PURCHASED FOR FAST & FURIOUS PRESENTS: HOBBS & SHAW (USING AMC STUBS MEMBERSHIP) OTHER THAN FOR ANY OPENING WEEKEND SHOWING OF THE FILM (AUGUST 1 – 4, 2019) WILL NOT RESULT IN ENTRY. If the AMC Stubs Member purchases Film ticket(s) for guest(s), only the AMC Stubs Member, but not the guest(s) will receive the entry for that purchase transaction. No entry will be received if the AMC Stubs Membership Number is not provided by the AMC Stubs Member when purchasing the Film ticket at the box office or at an Automated Box Office (as applicable). If AMC Stubs Member does not have his/her Membership Number, he/she may request box office personnel to look for his/her AMC Stubs Account by providing his/her name and phone number. For online purchases, no entry will be received if the complete AMC Stubs Membership Number is not inputted or recorded by the AMC Stubs Member in the designated area of www.amctheatres.com or a designated ticketing partner’s transaction website. No entry will be received if the ticket purchase transaction is later voided for any reason (e.g., non-payment) or use of AMC Stubs Membership Number/Account is determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion not to be in full compliance with the Terms and Conditions of the AMC Stubs Program.
- MAIL ENTRY - NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. An eligible person may enter the Sweepstakes (subject to the limitation stated above) by mail by printing their First and Last Name, Street Address, City, State, Postal Code, Date of Birth, Phone Number and Email Address (if any) on a 3”x5” card and mailing it to AMC STUBS “FAST & FURIOUS PRESENTS: HOBBS & SHAW MCLAREN DRIVING EXPERIENCE” SWEEPSTAKES NPN ENTRY, P.O. Box 411, Tenafly, NJ 07670, to be postmarked by August 5, 2019 and received by August 12, 2019. Each valid 3”x5” card will result in receipt of one (1) entry (subject to the limitations stated above and this paragraph). Limit of one (1) 3”x5” card per outer mailing envelope. No copies, mechanical reproductions or metered mail accepted. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery or proof of entry.
Only complete and valid entries will be eligible. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant warrants that he or she has read and agrees to abide and be bound by these Official Rules, and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error contained herein, and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in the Sweepstakes. Eligible entrants agree that Sponsor shall retain full authority, in its sole discretion, to interpret and administer these Official Rules, and entrants agree to be bound by all decisions and interpretations made in good faith by the Sponsor and/or Sweepstakes Administrator.
All entries become property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries that are late, incomplete, garbled/jumbled, illegible, misdirected, lost, damaged, delayed, stolen, postage due or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules are void. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other website or e-mail address, including, without limitation, commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Promotion Entities are not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, electronic malfunctioning of any telephone network, computer hardware or software; any failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any combination thereof; or for any error, human, technical or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any fraudulent entries or any individual it finds tampering with the operation or entry process of the Sweepstakes or acting in violation of these Official Rules. If, for any reason, an entry is determined by Sponsor or Sweepstakes Administrator to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if feasible; if not feasible for any reason, Sponsor and/or Sweepstakes Administrator shall not have any liability to entrant in conjunction with same.
- Winner Selection. On or about August 14, 2019, Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator will randomly select one (1) entry, from all eligible entries received, to receive the below defined prize (“Prize”). Decisions of the Sweepstakes Administrator and Sponsor will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. If the potential winner does not respond within two (2) days of the first notification attempt (or such shorter time as may be indicated on winner notification material), is found to be ineligible, does not comply with these Official Rules or declines to accept the Prize, the potential winner may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and in such case Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator may select an alternate winner based on a subsequent random drawing from among the remaining eligible entries (time permitting).
- Prize (1) – 5-day/4-night trip for winner and one (1) guest to Riverside County, California, Thursday, September 26, 2019 – Monday, September 30, 2019, where winner will take part in the Pure McLaren Experience. Approximate Retail Value: $4,995.
No substitution or cash redemption of Prize, or any portion thereof, is allowed, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Prize (in whole or in part) with another prize/prize component of equal or greater value. Sponsor and Sweepstakes Administrator are not responsible for any inability of winner to accept or use Prize (or any portion thereof) for any reason. No more than the stated number of Prizes (that is, one  Prize) will be awarded. Winner is solely responsible for all unspecified costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty, representation or guarantee of any kind by Sponsor. Transfer of Prize is not permitted without the permission of Sponsor which may be granted or withheld in its sole discretion and without liability of any kind. Prize value as stated represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of approximate retail value of Prize.
5-day/4-night trip for winner and one (1) guest (for clarity, the guest must be [a] 18 years of age or [b] the age of majority in their state of residence, if higher than 18) to Riverside County, California, Thursday, September 26, 2019 – Monday, September 30, 2019 where winner (but not guest) will take part in the Pure McLaren Experience includes (i) round-trip coach air transportation for two (2) persons from major commercial airport within the Eligibility Area nearest the winner’s home to Palm Springs, California - the winner and his/her guest must travel from one (1) departure location and must travel on the same itinerary; (ii) standard room hotel accommodations (1 room, double occupancy), for 4 nights (room and tax only) at a hotel property of Sponsor’s sole choosing in Riverside County, California; (iii) ground transportation between the Palm Springs airport and hotel, as well as between hotel and The Thermal Club race track in Thermal, California (i.e., the venue for the Pure McLaren Experience); (iv) admission for winner to participate in the Pure McLaren Experience where winner will drive the provided McLaren race car† (1/2 day on track including  20 minute one-to-one tuition sessions with McLaren Driver Coach** [if entire 1/2 day on track is not used, any unused portion will be forfeited without compensation] including VIP hospitality package with lunch and non-alcohol beverages [menu for lunch/choice of beverages will be determined by Prize Supplier in its sole discretion; if winner cannot accept lunch/beverage aspects of VIP hospitality package due to dietary, religious or other restrictions, Promotion Entities’ liability shall be limited to the award of the remaining components of the Prize, without compensation of any kind]); (v) $250 spending money for winner awarded as a gift card (issuer of gift card to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; gift card is subject to issuer’s terms and conditions of use as indicated thereon). Trip must be taken September 26, 2019 – September 30, 2019 so as to attend the Pure McLaren Experience; if winner is unavailable to travel on such dates for any reason, the Prize will be forfeited in its entirety without compensation and an alternate winner selected, time permitting. All travel arrangements must be made by travel agent designated by Sponsor. Travel is subject to availability and other restrictions. Winner and guest must have valid travel documents (e.g., valid government issued photo ID and/or passport) prior to departure, and failure to do so will result in forfeiture of Prize. Winner and guest must conduct themselves at all times in a socially responsible, appropriate and well-behaved manner during the trip, including but not limited to when winner is interacting with the McLaren Driver Coach or otherwise participating in the Pure McLaren Experience; and, should winner or guest fail to do so, trip will be immediately terminated for winner and/or guest, with Promotion Entities having no liability to winner and/or guest (as applicable).
†Race car used in Pure McLaren Experience will be one of the following: McLaren 570S, McLaren 600LT or McLaren 720S. Prize Supplier will take into account winner’s preference as to race car, but the final determination of race car will be made by Prize Supplier in its sole discretion.
**Specific McLaren Driver Coach is subject to availability and will be determined by Prize Supplier. Duration of each tuition session is approximate and Promotion Entities shall not have any liability if a given session is less than 20 minutes in length.
Restrictions on Pure McLaren Experience: Only winner will have the opportunity to participate in Pure McLaren Experience by operating the McLaren race car. Operation of race car may be subject to height and weight requirements and/or other qualifications; and, should Prize Supplier determine in its sole discretion that winner does not fully comply with such requirements/qualifications, Pure McLaren Experience component of Prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind. No accident, travel, life or other insurance of any kind has been obtained for the benefit of winner (or his/her heirs, executors, administrators) by Promotion Entities; should such insurance be desired, winner must obtain same at his/her sole expense. Without in any way limiting the foregoing, winner understands and agrees that any liability or other insurance of any kind carried by Prize Supplier will not be sufficient to cover any losses incurred by winner in participating in the Pure McLaren Experience. In accepting the Prize and agreeing to operate a McLaren race car, in accordance with Prize Supplier’s Terms and Conditions (defined below), winner further understands and agrees that he/she will be solely and personally liable up to a maximum of $25,000 for damage to the McLaren race car. Award of Pure McLaren Experience is contingent upon Prize Supplier’s determination that weather and track conditions are suitable for operating a race car at high speed; and, if not suitable, Promotion Entities shall not have any liability whatsoever beyond Prize Supplier’s standard re-scheduling policies for its Pure McLaren Experience. Additional restrictions of Prize Supplier apply to award of Pure McLaren Experience component of Prize, including winner signing Prize Supplier’s waiver and release document (and signing Prize Supplier’s standard indemnity agreement) as a pre-condition to participation in the Pure McLaren Experience. Such restrictions are fully enumerated in Prize Supplier’s terms and conditions (“Prize Provider’s Terms and Conditions”) which are attached hereto and made a part of these Official Rules and incorporated herein by reference (should there be any discrepancy between these Official Rules and Prize Supplier’s Terms and Conditions, Prize Supplier’s Terms and Conditions will prevail, govern and control only with respect to the Pure McLaren Experience itself and, in all other cases, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control).
WINNER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT OPERATION OF A RACE CAR AT HIGH SPEED IS AN INHERENTLY DANGEROUS ACTIVITY NOTWITHSTANDING HIS/HER DEGREE OF SKILL AND EXPERIENCE IN OPERATING A MOTOR VEHICLE AND THE LEVEL OF INSTRUCTION PROVIDED TO HIM/HER BY THE MCLAREN DRIVER COACH APPOINTED BY PRIZE SUPPLIER. IN ACCEPTING THE PRIZE, WINNER EXPRESSLY ASSUMES THE RISK OF INJURY, DISFIGUREMENT, DISMEMBERMENT OR EVEN DEATH INVOLVED IN PARTICIPATING IN THE PURE MCLAREN EXPERIENCE.
Should winner live within reasonable driving distance of the hotel in Riverside County, California (as determined by Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator in their sole discretion), air travel component of Prize will be replaced with ground transportation and no alternate prize or compensation will be awarded in conjunction therewith.
Should winner choose to travel without a guest (including failure of guest to timely sign and return a Liability/Publicity Release, as discussed below), the Prize will be modified so as to be appropriate for a single traveler and no alternate prize or compensation will be awarded in conjunction therewith.
Prize is subject to terms and conditions of travel service providers. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize: $4,995. The ARV of the Prize is subject to fluctuations in airfare and the value may vary depending on the location of the departure city. Any difference in the stated ARV and the actual value of the Prize will not be awarded. All other expenses not specified herein, including meals (other than that provided as part of Pure McLaren Experience) and personal expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner. The Prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and the Prize described above may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the Prize Claim Documents (as defined in Rule 7 below) and/or other travel documents.
- Odds of Winning. Odds of winning the Prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
- Claiming the Prize. The potential winner will be notified by email (if provided) and/or mail or phone. In the event that Sweepstakes Administrator cannot contact the potential winner of the Prize despite reasonable (in its sole discretion) attempts, Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator may, in their sole discretion, randomly select a new, alternate potential winner from the remaining eligible entries received (time permitting). Return of Prize or Prize notification as undeliverable (including, if applicable, due to failure of an AMC Stubs Member to include his/her current email address or mailing address as part of his/her Member profile information) will result in disqualification and an alternate potential winner may be selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion (time permitting). The potential winner will be required to complete, execute and return to the address requested an Affidavit and Liability/Publicity Release within two (2) days of receipt of the “Prize Claim Documents” (consisting of all required documents sent to winner), or such shorter time as may be indicated on winner notification material. Winner’s travel guest must complete, execute and return a Liability/Publicity Release, within the aforementioned two (2) day period (or such shorter time as may be indicated on winner notification material). If such Prize Claim Documents are not returned to Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator prior to such deadline, the Prize may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion, such potential winner shall be disqualified, and an alternate winner selected by Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator in a subsequent random drawing from the remaining eligible entries (time permitting).
Except where prohibited by law, winner also grants Sponsor and its designees the right to use the winner’s full name, hometown, images and likenesses for advertising, publicity and promotion purposes, including print, broadcast and on-line announcements, without further compensation other than the said Prize and at no expense to the winner, and Sponsor shall not be obligated to make any such use. The preceding includes but is not limited to Prize Supplier’s recordation of winner’s participation in the Pure McLaren Experience.
- Taxes. Winner is responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes. Sponsor or Sweepstakes Administrator will issue winner an IRS 1099 Tax Form, and winner agrees to fully cooperate in complying with applicable governmental reporting requirements. The potential winner will be required to complete, sign and return to Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator an IRS Form W-9 prior to receiving the Prize. Failure to complete, sign and return a W-9 will result in the winner being disqualified, and in such case Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate winner in a subsequent random drawing from remaining eligible entries (time permitting).
- General. Each entrant agrees to, accepts and shall abide by these Official Rules and agrees that any disputes shall be resolved by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify, amend or suspend the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Sweepstakes has been, or could be, compromised or that the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including without limitation due to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or force majeure or any other causes beyond Sponsor’s control. Sweepstakes void where prohibited or restricted. If any provision of this Sweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or municipal law, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of this Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the Prize winner. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing to award the Prize from among all eligible, non-suspect, entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on amctheatres.com/giveaway/hobbsandshaw.
- DISPUTES RESOLVED VIA ARBITRATION. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Sweepstakes, you understand and agree that any claim or dispute regarding the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules will be resolved individually (NOT AS PART OF A CLASS ACTION/PROCEEDING) by means of binding arbitration (NOT IN A COURT OF LAW; THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL IS BEING WAIVED). As fully set forth in the “Arbitration” provision of the Terms and Conditions of Use of the AMC Theatres website (accessible at amctheatres.com/terms-and-conditions), such arbitration will be conducted by a one-member panel of the American Arbitration Association; will be conducted under the Federal Arbitration Act; and will be governed by Kansas law, regardless of choice of law principles.
- Release. By participating, each entrant agrees to hold harmless the Promotion Entities, their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, representatives, agents, successors and assigns, from any liability whatsoever, and waive and release such parties from any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional) arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, event or acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of the Prize, participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, or participation in the Sweepstakes, whether under a theory of contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), warranty, or any other theory or cause of action.
- Sponsor. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by American Multi-Cinema, Inc., 11500 Ash St., Leawood, KS 66211. Sponsor will provide the winner’s list upon request. To obtain the winner’s list or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to AMC STUBS “FAST & FURIOUS PRESENTS: HOBBS & SHAW MCLAREN DRIVING EXPERIENCE” SWEEPSTAKES Winner/Rules (as applicable), P.O. Box 412, Tenafly, NJ 07670, for receipt by September 3, 2019.
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw © Universal City Studios LLC. All Rights Reserved.