The Addams Family 2 AMC Stubs Sweepstakes
AMERICAN MULTI-CINEMA, INC. OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Sweepstakes Entry Period. The “Sweepstakes Entry Period” begins at 12:00:01 A.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 30, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. ET on October 10, 2021.
- Eligibility. The Addams Family AMC Stubs Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal U.S. residents residing in one of the 48 contiguous United States, excluding Rhode Island, or the District of Columbia (“Eligibility Area”), who are at least: (a) 18 years of age or (b) the age of majority in their state of residence, if higher than 18, at the time of entry. AMC Stubs Insider, A-List and Premiere members are eligible to participate. Void outside Eligibility Area (including Alaska, Hawaii, Rhode Island, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. military installations in foreign countries) and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers, directors, members, managers, agents and representatives and their immediate families or members of their household (i.e., spouse, partner, parents, children, siblings, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents and grandchildren, regardless of where they live) of American Multi-Cinema, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Mirror Releasing, LLC (“MR”), Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (“Studio”), Element London Limited (“Prize Partner”), Promotional Resources Group, Inc. (“Sweepstakes Administrator”) or each of their respective partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, divisions and advertising, promotion, public relations agencies (collectively, “Promotion Entities”), are not eligible to enter or win. Studio, MR and Prize Partner are not responsible for the collection, submission or processing of entries, the administration of the Sweepstakes, the selection of the winner or the fulfillment of the prize. Entrants are supplying their information to Sponsor and not to Studio, MR or Prize Partner; but, as set forth in Rule 12 below, Sponsor may share entrants’ information with Studio unless entrant opts-out.
- How to Enter. During the Sweepstakes Entry Period, an eligible person may enter as follows, with a limit of one (1) entry per day per person, regardless of entry method:
- The Addams Family 2 Ticket Purchase with AMC Stubs® Membership Number or Account: Use your AMC Stubs Membership Number (or log into your AMC Stubs Account) when purchasing a ticket to The Addams Family 2 (“Film”) at any AMC theatre showing the film, at amctheatres.com or at a designated ticketing partner’s website. By completing the ticket purchase transaction, the AMC Stubs Member (as per Sponsor’s records) will receive one (1) entry (subject to the limitation stated above). AMC Stubs Member will only receive one (1) entry regardless of the number of Film tickets purchased or if Film ticket is purchased as Private Theatre Rental for him/herself and others. No entry will be received if the AMC Stubs Membership Number is not provided by the AMC Stubs Member when purchasing Film ticket at the box office or at an Automated Box Office (as applicable). [If AMC Stubs Member does not have his/her Membership Number, he/she may request box office personnel to look for his/her AMC Stubs Account by providing his/her name and phone number.] For online purchase, no entry will be received if the complete AMC Stubs Membership Number is not inputted or recorded by the AMC Stubs Member in the designated area of www.amctheatres.com or a designated ticketing partner’s transaction website. No entry will be received if the ticket purchase transaction is later voided for any reason (e.g., non-payment) or use of AMC Stubs Membership Number/Account is determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion not to be in full compliance with the Terms and Conditions of the AMC Stubs Program. No entry will be received if ticket purchase is refunded due to theatre exceeding restricted capacity limits or closure in compliance with applicable law.
- MAIL ENTRY - NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: An eligible person may enter the Sweepstakes (subject to the limitations stated above) by mail by printing their First and Last Name, Street Address, City, State, Zip Code, Date of Birth, Phone Number and Email Address (if any) on a 3”x5” card and mailing to THE ADDAMS FAMILY 2 NPN ENTRY, P.O. Box 413, Tenafly, NJ 07670, to be postmarked by October 12, 2021 and received by October 19, 2021. If valid, 3”x5” card will result in receipt of one (1) entry (subject to the limitations stated above and in this paragraph). If more than one (1) valid 3”x5” card is submitted, only the first valid 3”x5” card will result in receipt of entry with all additional 3”x5” cards declared void; if 3” x 5” card entrant also entered via Film Ticket purchase, only one (1) entry will be received with all other attempted entries declared void. But, should Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator determine that a given individual has engaged in repeated, egregious or blatant violations of the entry limit, such individual will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes altogether and all of his/her attempted entries declared void. No copies, mechanical reproductions or metered mail accepted. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery or proof of entry.
Only complete and valid entries will be eligible. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant warrants that he or she has read and agrees to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in the Sweepstakes. Eligible entrants agree that Sponsor shall retain full authority, in its sole discretion, to interpret and administer these Official Rules, and entrants agree to be bound by all decisions and interpretations made in good faith by the Sponsor and/or Sweepstakes Administrator.
All entries become property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries that are late, incomplete, garbled/jumbled, illegible, misdirected, lost, damaged, delayed, stolen, postage due or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules are void. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other website or Email address, including, without limitation, commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Promotion Entities are not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, electronic malfunctioning of any telephone network, computer hardware or software; any failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any combination thereof; or for any error, human, technical or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any fraudulent entries or any individual it finds tampering with the operation or entry process of the Sweepstakes or acting in violation of these Official Rules. If, for any reason, an entry is determined by Sponsor or Sweepstakes Administrator to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is a replacement entry in the Sweepstakes, if feasible; if not feasible for any reason, Sponsor and Sweepstakes Administrator shall not have any liability to entrant in conjunction with same.
- Winner Selection. On or about October 22, 2021, Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator will randomly select one entry, from all eligible entries received to receive the below defined prize (“Prize”). Decisions of the Sweepstakes Administrator and Sponsor will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. If the potential winner does not respond within five (5) business days of the first notification attempt, is found to be ineligible, does not comply with these Official Rules or declines to accept the prize, the potential winner may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and in such case Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator may select an alternate winner based on a random drawing.
- Prize. The Prize consists of the following:
Prize (1) – 4-day/3-night trip for winner and up to three (3) guests to Las Vegas, Nevada and Death Valley, California. Approximate Retail Value: $4,995.00.
No substitution or cash redemption of Prize, or any portion thereof, is allowed, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Prize (in whole or in part) with another prize/prize component of equal or greater value. Sponsor and Sweepstakes Administrator are not responsible for any inability of winner to accept or use Prize (or any portion thereof) for any reason. No more than the stated number of Prizes (that is, one  Prize) will be awarded. Winner is solely responsible for all unspecified costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty, representation or guarantee of any kind by Sponsor. Transfer of Prize is not permitted without the permission of Sponsor which may be granted or withheld in its sole discretion and without liability of any kind. Prize value as stated represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of approximate retail value of prize.
4- day/3-night trip for winner and up to three (3) guests (trip is intended for two  adults, including winner, and two  children under the age of sixteen ; at least one  traveler must be twenty-one  years of age or older) to Las Vegas, Nevada and Death Valley, California includes (i) round-trip coach air transportation for up to four (4) persons between major commercial airport within the Eligibility Area nearest the winner’s home to Las Vegas, Nevada - the winner and all of his/her guests must travel together on the same itinerary; (ii) luxury hotel accommodations (single room, quadruple occupancy) for two (2) nights in Las Vegas and one (1) night in Death Valley; (iii) rental car for four (4) days (at least one  traveler must have valid credit card, valid driver’s license as well as otherwise complying with all requirements of rental car company; make/model of rental car subject to availability); (iv) dinner for winner and up to three (3) guests at horror-themed restaurant in Las Vegas to be determined by Prize Partner (maximum value of $200 including gratuity, with no reimbursement of any unused amount; dinner excludes alcohol; menu to be determined solely by restaurant which will be solely responsible for accommodating any dietary restrictions of winner and/or guest[s]); (v) itinerary of “spooky” sites to visit in Death Valley including admission for winner and guests to Death Valley National Park (itinerary to be curated by Prize Partner and provided to winner after completion of winner verification procedure).
All travel arrangements must be made through Prize Partner. Travel (including activities comprising trip) is subject to availability and blackout dates, including Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, Memorial Day and Independence Day. Saturday night stay required; once booked with Prize Partner, travel cannot be amended or cancelled by winner. Other restrictions also apply. Winner must provide Prize Partner with three (3) separate travel dates in three (3) separate months, which must be at least six (6) weeks in advance of departure; and, winner understands and agrees that he/she may not receive his/her first choice of travel date. Trip must be completed within eighteen (18) months of notification of winning or prize will be forfeited. Winner and guests are solely responsible for having all necessary travel documents. Winner and guests must conduct themselves at all times in a socially responsible, appropriate and well-behaved manner during the trip, including but not limited following all instructions or acting in a respectful manner toward Prize Partner personnel and other individuals during the trip. Should winner and/or guest(s) fail to do so (as determined by Sponsor and Prize Partner in their sole discretion), trip will be immediately terminated for winner and/or guest(s), with Promotion Entities having no liability to winner and/or guest(s).
Should winner live within reasonable driving distance of Las Vegas, Nevada (as determined by Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator in their sole discretion), air travel component of Prize will be replaced with ground transportation and no alternate prize or compensation will be awarded in conjunction therewith.
Any guest who is a minor in his/her state of residence must be accompanied on trip by his/her parent or legal guardian, who must be either the winner or another allotted guest of winner. Should winner choose to travel with fewer than three (3) guests (including failure of guest[s] to timely sign and return a Liability/Publicity Release, as discussed below), the Prize will be modified so as to be appropriate for the actual number of travelers and no alternate prize or compensation will be awarded in conjunction therewith.
Prize is subject to terms and conditions of Prize Partner and travel service providers. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize: $4,995.00. The ARV of the Prize is subject to fluctuations in airfare and the value may vary depending on the location of the departure city. Any difference in the stated ARV and the actual value of the Prize will not be awarded. All other expenses not specified herein, including flight insurance, travel insurance, meals (except as otherwise expressly indicated herein) and personal expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner. The Prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and the Prize described above may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the Prize Claim Documents (as defined in Rule 7 below) and/or other travel documents.
Winner and winner’s guests (if a minor in his/her state of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) understand and agree:
- that prize travel carries an inherent risk of contracting COVID-19/Coronavirus, with winner and winner’s guests (if a minor in his/her state of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) assuming any and all risks of illness or even death in conjunction therewith;
- to fully comply with all applicable government mandates and venue policies so as to protect against the spread of COVID-19/Coronavirus (e.g., mask-wearing, social distancing); and
- in response to economic and/or social conditions engendered by COVID-19/Coronavirus (regardless if mandated by a governmental authority), Sponsor may be compelled to modify, postpone or even cancel outright the award of the prize with little (if any) advanced notice, replacing same with an alternate prize of Sponsor’s sole choosing of comparable value.
- Odds of Winning. Odds of winning the Prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
- Claiming the Prize. The potential winner will be notified by email (if provided) and/or mail and/or phone. In the event that Sweepstakes Administrator cannot contact the potential winner of the Prize despite reasonable (in its sole discretion) attempts, Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator may, in their sole discretion, randomly select a new, alternate potential winner from the remaining eligible entries received. Return of Prize or prize notification as undeliverable (including, if applicable, due to failure of an AMC Stubs Member to include his/her current email address or mailing address as part of his/her Member profile information) will result in disqualification and an alternate potential winner may be selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The potential winner will be required to complete, execute and return to the address requested an Affidavit and Liability/Publicity Release within five (5) days of receipt of the “Prize Claim Documents” (consisting of all required documents sent to winner). Each of winner’s travel guests (if a minor in his/her state of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) must complete, execute and return a Liability/Publicity Release, within the aforementioned five (5) day period. If such Prize Claim Documents are not returned to Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator prior to the applicable deadline, the Prize may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion, such potential winner may be disqualified, and an alternate winner selected by Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator in a subsequent random drawing from the remaining eligible entries. Except where prohibited by law, winner also grants Sponsor and its designees the right to use the winner’s full name, hometown, images and likenesses for advertising, publicity and promotion purposes, including print, broadcast and on-line announcements, without further compensation other than the Prize and at no expense to the winner, and Sponsor shall not be obligated to make any such use.
- Taxes. Winner is responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes. Sponsor or Sweepstakes Administrator will issue winner an IRS 1099 Tax Form, and winner agrees to fully cooperate in complying with applicable governmental reporting requirements. The potential winner will be required to complete, sign and return to Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator an IRS Form W-9 prior to receiving the Prize. Failure to complete, sign and return a W-9 will result in the winner being disqualified, and in such case Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator may, in their sole discretion, select an alternate winner in a random drawing from remaining eligible entries.
- General. Each entrant agrees to, accepts and shall abide by these Official Rules and agrees that any disputes shall be resolved by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify, amend or suspend the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Sweepstakes has been, or could be, compromised or that the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including without limitation due to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or force majeure (including but not limited to pandemic/epidemic including any governmental regulation or business decision made by Sponsor in good faith in conjunction therewith, including limited access to or closure of one or more AMC theatre locations in one or more jurisdictions of the 48 contiguous United States or the District of Columbia) or any other causes beyond Sponsor’s control. Sweepstakes void where prohibited or restricted. If any provision of this Sweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or municipal law, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. Promotion Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of this Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the winner or Prize. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing to award the prize from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on amctheatres.com/giveaways/the-addams-family-2/sweepstakes.
- DISPUTES RESOLVED VIA ARBITRATION. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Sweepstakes, you understand and agree that any claim or dispute regarding the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules will be resolved individually (NOT AS PART OF A CLASS ACTION/PROCEEDING) by means of binding arbitration (NOT IN A COURT OF LAW; THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL IS BEING WAIVED). As fully set forth in the “Arbitration” provision of the Terms and Conditions of Use of the AMC Theatres website (accessible at amctheatres.com/terms-and-conditions), such arbitration will be conducted by a one-member panel of the American Arbitration Association; will be conducted under the Federal Arbitration Act; and will be governed by Kansas law, regardless of choice of law principles.
- Release. By participating, each entrant agrees to hold harmless the Promotion Entities, their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, representatives, agents, successors and assigns, from any liability whatsoever, and waive and release such parties from any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional) arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes or acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of the Prize, participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, or participation in the Sweepstakes, whether under a theory of contract, torts (including, without limitation, negligence), warranty, or any other theory or cause of action. The preceding includes but is not limited to any claim, cost, injury, loss or damages related directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, to COVID-19/Coronavirus.
- Sponsor. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by American Multi-Cinema, Inc., 11500 Ash St., Leawood, KS 66211. Sponsor will provide the winner’s list upon request. To obtain the winner’s list or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to THE ADDAMS FAMILY 2 WINNER/RULES (as applicable), P.O. Box 412, Tenafly, NJ 07670 for receipt by November 8, 2021.