AMC Stubs The Gentlemen Sweepstakes
AMERICAN MULTI-CINEMA, INC. OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Sweepstakes Entry Period. The “Sweepstakes Entry Period” begins at 12:00:01 A.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) on January 10, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. ET on January 26, 2020.
- Eligibility. AMC Stubs The Gentlemen Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal U.S. residents residing in one of the 48 contiguous United States, excluding Rhode Island, or the District of Columbia, who are at least: (a) 18 years of age or (b) the age of majority in their state of residence, if higher than 18, at the time of entry. AMC Stubs A-List members are also eligible to participate via ticket purchase (but not reservation), as well as without purchase. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Rhode Island, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. military installations in foreign countries and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers, directors, members, managers, agents and representatives and their immediate families or members of their household (i.e., spouse, partner, parents, children, siblings, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents and grandchildren, regardless of where they live) of American Multi-Cinema, Inc. (“Sponsor”), STX Financing, LLC (“Studio”), Promotional Resources Group, Inc. (“Sweepstakes Administrator”) or each of their respective partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, divisions and advertising, promotion, public relations agencies (collectively, “Promotion Entities”), are not eligible to enter or win. Studio is not responsible for the collection, submission or processing of entries, the administration of the Sweepstakes, the selection of the winner or the fulfillment of the prize. Entrants are supplying their information to Sponsor and not to Studio.
- How to Enter. During the Sweepstakes Entry Period, an eligible person may enter as follows, with a limit of one (1) entry per day per person, regardless of entry method:
- The Gentlemen Ticket Purchase with AMC Stubs® Membership Number or Account: Use your AMC Stubs Membership Number (or log into your AMC Stubs Account) when purchasing a ticket to The Gentlemen (“Film”) at any AMC theatre showing the Film, at amctheatres.com or at a designated ticketing partner’s website. For each ticket purchase transaction (subject to the limitation stated above) on a separate day during the Sweepstakes Entry Period, the AMC Stubs Member (as per Sponsor’s records) will receive one (1) entry. If the AMC Stubs Member purchases Film ticket(s) for guest(s), only the AMC Stubs Member, but not the guest(s) will receive entries. No entry will be received if the AMC Stubs Membership Number is not provided by the AMC Stubs Member when purchasing the Film ticket at the box office or at an Automated Box Office (as applicable). [If AMC Stubs Member does not have his/her Membership Number, he/she may request box office personnel to look for his/her her AMC Stubs Account by providing his/her name and phone number.] For online purchases, no entry will be received if the complete AMC Stubs Membership Number is not inputted or recorded by the AMC Stubs Member in the designated area of www.amctheatres.com or a designated ticketing partner’s transaction website. No entry will be received if the ticket purchase transaction is later voided for any reason (e.g., non-payment) or use of AMC Stubs Membership Number/Account is determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion not to be in full compliance with the Terms and Conditions of the AMC Stubs Program.
- MAIL ENTRY - NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. An eligible person may enter the Sweepstakes (subject to the limitations stated above) by mail by printing their First and Last Name, Street Address, City, State, Zip Code, Age, Phone Number and Email Address (if any) on a 3”x5” card and mailing to THE GENTLEMEN NPN ENTRY, P.O. Box 413, Tenafly, NJ 07670, to be postmarked by January 27, 2020 and received by February 3, 2020. Each valid 3”x5” card will result in receipt of one (1) entry (subject to the limitations stated above and this paragraph). Limit of one (1) 3”x5” card per outer mailing envelope. No copies, mechanical reproductions or metered mail accepted. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery or proof of entry.
Only complete and valid entries will be eligible. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant warrants that he or she has read and agrees to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in the Sweepstakes. Eligible entrants agree that Sponsor shall retain full authority, in its sole discretion, to interpret and administer these Official Rules, and entrants agree to be bound by all decisions and interpretations made in good faith by the Sponsor and/or Sweepstakes Administrator.
All entries become property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries that are late, incomplete, garbled/jumbled, illegible, misdirected, lost, damaged, delayed, stolen, postage due or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules are void. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other website or e-mail address, including, without limitation, commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Promotion Entities are not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, electronic malfunctioning of any telephone network, computer hardware or software; any failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any combination thereof; or for any error, human, technical or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any fraudulent entries or any individual it finds tampering with the operation or entry process of the Sweepstakes or acting in violation of these Official Rules. If, for any reason, an entry is determined by Sponsor or Sweepstakes Administrator to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if feasible; if not feasible for any reason, Sponsor and/or Sweepstakes Administrator shall not have any liability to entrant in conjunction with same.
- Winner Selection. On or about February 5, 2020, Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator will randomly select one entry, from all eligible entries received, to receive the below defined prize (“Prize”). Decisions of the Sweepstakes Administrator and Sponsor will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. If the potential winner does not respond within five (5) business days of the first notification attempt, is found to be ineligible, does not comply with these Official Rules or declines to accept the Prize, the potential winner may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and in such case Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator may select an alternate winner based on a random drawing.
- Prize. The Prize consists of the following:
Prize: One (1) – 4-day/3-night trip for winner and one (1) guest to London, England including a walking tour of the City’s East End addressing the infamous crime figures and history (real and fictional) of that neighborhood. Approximate Retail Value: $4250.00.
No substitution or cash redemption of Prize, or any portion thereof, is allowed, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Prize (in whole or in part) with another prize/prize component of equal or greater value. Sponsor and Sweepstakes Administrator are not responsible for any inability of winner to accept or use Prize (or any portion thereof) for any reason. No more than the stated number of Prizes (that is, one  prize) will be awarded. Winner is solely responsible for all unspecified costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty, representation or guarantee of any kind by Sponsor. Transfer of Prize is not permitted without the permission of Sponsor which may be granted or withheld in its sole discretion and without liability of any kind. Prize value as stated represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of approximate retail value of Prize.
4-day/3-night trip for winner and one (1) guests to London, England includes (i) round-trip coach air transportation for two (2) people from international airport within the Eligibility Area nearest the winner’s home to London, England: the winner and guest must travel from same location within the Eligibility Area and must travel on the same itinerary; (ii) standard room hotel accommodations, double occupancy, for 3 nights in London (room and tax only); (iii) two (2) tickets to the crime tour of the East End (“Tour”)†; (iv) ground transportation between the airport and hotel in London as well as between hotel and the pick-up/drop-off point of the Tour; and (v) $250 spending money (awarded in the form of a gift card, the issuer of which will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; gift card is subject to terms and conditions of use as indicated thereon). All travel arrangements must be made by travel agent designated by Sponsor. Trip must be taken by March 1, 2021; winner must provide forty-five (45) days’ advanced notice prior to intended travel date. Winner and guest are solely responsible for having a valid U.S. passport which should be valid for at least six (6) months beyond date of travel as well as for other necessary travel documents. Travel is subject to availability, blackout dates and other restrictions. Winner and guest must conduct themselves at all times in a socially responsible, appropriate and well-behaved manner during the trip, including the Tour; and, should winner or guest fail to do so, trip will be immediately terminated for winner and/or guest, with Promotion Entities having no liability to winner and/or guest (as applicable).
†Tour involves walking for approximately two (2) hours covering a distance of around 4.5 miles; special arrangements/accommodations may not be available if winner and/or guest have physical limitations which prevent them for walking such distance. If Tour is taken during certain months (particularly December, January, February), winner and guest will be exposed to cool temperatures for a prolonged period. Tour is not private and will include persons in addition to winner and guest. While there is no minimum age limit for the Tour, it is recommended that the guest be at least 13 years of age due to adult themes and language. Additional restrictions of Tour operator apply to Tour.
Prize is subject to terms and conditions of travel service providers. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize: $4250.00. The ARV of the Prize is subject to fluctuations in airfare and the value may vary depending on the location of the departure city. If winner elects to travel without a guest, Prize will be awarded in increments appropriate for the winner taking the trip alone and no additional prize element will be substituted or compensation will be awarded. Any difference in the stated ARV and the actual value of the Prize will not be awarded. All other expenses not specified herein, including flight insurance, travel insurance, meals and personal expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Odds of Winning. Odds of winning the Prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
- Claiming the Prize. The potential winner will be notified by e-mail (if provided) and/or mail or phone. In the event that Sweepstakes Administrator cannot contact the potential winner of the Prize despite reasonable (in its sole discretion) attempts, Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator may, in their sole discretion, randomly select a new, alternate potential winner from the remaining eligible entries received. Return of Prize or Prize notification as undeliverable (including, if applicable, due to failure of an AMC Stubs Member to include his/her current e-mail address or mailing address as part of his/her Member profile information) will result in disqualification and an alternate potential winner may be selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The potential winner will be required to complete, execute and return to the address requested an Affidavit and Liability/Publicity Release within five (5) days of receipt of the “Prize Claim Documents” (consisting of all required documents sent to winner). Winner’s travel guests (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) must complete, execute and return a Liability/Publicity Release, prior to issuance of travel documents; if guest is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian must be the Prize winner. If such Prize Claim Documents are not returned to Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator prior to such deadline, the Prize may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion, such potential winner shall be disqualified, and an alternate winner selected by Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator in a subsequent random drawing from the remaining eligible entries. Except where prohibited by law, winner also grants Sponsor and its designees the right to use the winner’s full name, hometown, images and likenesses for advertising, publicity and promotion purposes, including print, broadcast and on-line announcements, without further compensation other than the Prize and at no expense to the winner, and Sponsor shall not be obligated to make any such use.
- Taxes. Winner is responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes. Sponsor or Sweepstakes Administrator will issue winner an IRS 1099 Tax Form, and winner agrees to fully cooperate in complying with applicable governmental reporting requirements. The potential winner will be required to complete, sign and return to Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator an IRS Form W-9 prior to receiving the Prize. Failure to complete, sign and return a W-9 will result in the winner being disqualified, and in such case Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator may, in their sole discretion, select an alternate winner in a random drawing from remaining eligible entries.
- General. Each entrant agrees to, accepts and shall abide by these Official Rules and agrees that any disputes shall be resolved by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify, amend or suspend the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Sweepstakes has been, or could be, compromised or that the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including without limitation due to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or force majeure or any other causes beyond Sponsor’s control. Sweepstakes void where prohibited or restricted. If any provision of this Sweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or municipal law, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of this Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the winner or Prize. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing to award the Prize from among all eligible, non-suspect, entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on amctheatres.com/giveaway/the-gentlemen.
- DISPUTES RESOLVED VIA ARBITRATION. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Sweepstakes, you understand and agree that any claim or dispute regarding the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules will be resolved individually (NOT AS PART OF A CLASS ACTION/PROCEEDING) by means of binding arbitration (NOT IN A COURT OF LAW; THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL IS BEING WAIVED). As fully set forth in the “Arbitration” provision of the Terms and Conditions of Use of the AMC Theatres website (accessible at amctheatres.com/terms-and-conditions), such arbitration will be conducted by a one-member panel of the American Arbitration Association; will be conducted under the Federal Arbitration Act; and will be governed by Kansas law, regardless of choice of law principles.
- Release. By participating, each entrant agrees to hold harmless the Promotion Entities, their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, representatives, agents, successors and assigns, from any liability whatsoever, and waive and release such parties from any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional) arising out of or in connection with the event or acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of the Prize, participation in any promotion-related activity, or participation in the Sweepstakes, whether under a theory of contract, torts (including, without limitation, negligence), warranty, or any other theory or cause of action.
- Sponsor. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by American Multi-Cinema, Inc., 11500 Ash St., Leawood, KS 66211. Sponsor will provide the winner’s list upon request. To obtain the winner’s list or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to THE GENTLEMEN WINNER/RULES (as applicable), P.O. Box 412, Tenafly, NJ 07670 for receipt by February 21, 2020.