BUMBLEBEE/WIN THE ULTIMATE TRIP TO HOLLYWOOD SWEEPSTAKES
AMERICAN MULTI-CINEMA, INC. OFFICIAL RULES (“Official Rules”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Sweepstakes Entry Period. The “Sweepstakes Entry Period” begins at 12:00:01 A.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 21, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. ET on December 19, 2018.
- Eligibility. The BUMBLEBEE/WIN THE ULTIMATE TRIP TO HOLLYWOOD SWEEPSTAKES (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal U.S. residents residing in one of the 48 contiguous Continental United States (excluding Rhode Island) or the District of Columbia (collectively, the “Eligibility Area”), who are at least: (a) 18 years of age and (b) the age of majority in their state of residence, if higher than 18, at the time of entry. AMC Stubs Insider and Premiere members areeligible to participate. AMC Stubs A-List members are not eligible to participate. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Rhode Island, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. military installations in foreign countries and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers, directors, members, managers, agents and representatives and their immediate families (i.e., spouse, partner, parents, children, siblings, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents and grandchildren, regardless of where they live) or members of their household (whether related or not) of American Multi-Cinema, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Paramount Pictures Corporation (“Studio”), Universal City Studios LLC dba Universal Studios Hollywood (“Prize Supplier”), Promotional Resources Group, Inc. (“Sweepstakes Administrator”) or each of their respective partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, divisions and advertising, promotion, public relations agencies (collectively, “Promotion Entities”), are not eligible to enter or win. Studio and Prize Supplier are not responsible for the collection, submission or processing of entries, the administration of the Sweepstakes, the selection of the winner or the fulfillment of the prize. Entrants are supplying their information to Sponsor and not to Studio or Prize Supplier.
- How to Enter. During the Sweepstakes Entry Period, an eligible person may enter as follows, with a limit of one (1) entry per day per person, regardless of entry method:
- BUMBLEBEE Ticket Purchase with AMC Stubs® Membership Number or Account: Use your AMC Stubs Membership Number (or log into your AMC Stubs Account) when purchasing a ticket to BUMBLEBEE (“Film”) at any AMC theatre showing the Film, at amctheatres.com or at a designated ticketing partner’s website. For each ticket purchase transaction (subject to the limitation stated above) on a separate day during the Sweepstakes Entry Period, the AMC Stubs Member (as per Sponsor’s records) will receive one (1) entry. If the AMC Stubs Member purchases Film ticket(s) for guest(s), only the AMC Stubs Member, but not the guest(s) will receive entries. No entry will be received if the AMC Stubs Membership Number is not provided by the AMC Stubs Member when purchasing the Film ticket at the box office or at an Automated Box Office (as applicable). [If AMC Stubs Member does not have his/her Membership Number, he/she may request box office personnel to look for his/her AMC Stubs Account by providing his/her name and phone number.] For online purchases, no entry will be received if the complete AMC Stubs Membership Number is not inputted or recorded by the AMC Stubs Member in the designated area of www.amctheatres.com or a designated ticketing partner’s transaction website. No entry will be received if the ticket purchase transaction is later voided for any reason (e.g., non-payment) or use of AMC Stubs Membership Number/Account is determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion not to be in full compliance with the Terms and Conditions of the AMC Stubs Program.
- MAIL ENTRY - NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. An eligible person may enter the Sweepstakes (subject to the limitation stated above) by mail by printing their First and Last Name, Street Address, City, State, Postal Code, Date of Birth, Phone Number and Email Address (if any) on a 3”x5” card and mailing it to AMC’s “BUMBLEBEE” SWEEPSTAKES NPN ENTRY, P.O. Box 546, Tenafly, NJ 07670, to be postmarked by December 20, 2018 and received by January 2, 2019. Each valid 3”x5” card will result in receipt of one (1) entry (subject to the limitations stated above and this paragraph). Limit of one (1) 3”x5” card per outer mailing envelope. No copies, mechanical reproductions or metered mail accepted. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery or proof of entry.
Only complete and valid entries will be eligible. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant warrants that he or she has read and agrees to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in the Sweepstakes. Eligible entrants agree that Sponsor shall retain full authority, in its sole discretion, to interpret and administer these Official Rules, and entrants agree to be bound by all decisions and interpretations made in good faith by the Sponsor and/or Sweepstakes Administrator.
All entries become property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries that are late, incomplete, garbled/jumbled, illegible, misdirected, lost, damaged, delayed, stolen, postage due or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules are void. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other website or e-mail address, including, without limitation, commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Promotion Entities are not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, electronic malfunctioning of any telephone network, computer hardware or software; any failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any combination thereof; or for any error, human, technical or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any fraudulent entries or any individual it finds tampering with the operation or entry process of the Sweepstakes or acting in violation of these Official Rules. If, for any reason, an entry is determined by Sponsor or Sweepstakes Administrator to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if feasible; if not feasible for any reason, Sponsor and/or Sweepstakes Administrator shall not have any liability to entrant in conjunction with same.
- Winner Selection. On or about January 4, 2019, Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator will randomly select one (1) entry, from all eligible entries received, to receive the below defined prize (“Prize”). Decisions of the Sweepstakes Administrator and Sponsor will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. If the potential winner does not respond within five (5) business days of the first notification attempt, is found to be ineligible, does not comply with these Official Rules or declines to accept the prize, the potential winner may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and in such case Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator may select an alternate winner based on a subsequent random drawing from among the remaining eligible entries.
- Prize. The Prize consists of the following:
Prize (1) – 4-day/3-night trip for winner and up to three (3) guests to Universal Studios Hollywood™ Park and Paramount Studios in Hollywood, California. Approximate Retail Value: $4,990.
No substitution or cash redemption of Prize, or any portion thereof, is allowed, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Prize (in whole or in part) with another prize/prize component of equal or greater value. Sponsor and Sweepstakes Administrator are not responsible for any inability of winner to accept or use Prize (or any portion thereof) for any reason; this includes limitations on rides/attractions (including Transformers™: The Ride-3D)† at Universal Studios Hollywood™ theme park and the Paramount Pictures Studios Tour, as discussed below.** No more than the stated number of Prizes (that is, one  prize) will be awarded. Winner is solely responsible for all unspecified costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty, representation or guarantee of any kind by Sponsor. Transfer of Prize is not permitted without the permission of Sponsor which may be granted or withheld in its sole discretion and without liability of any kind. Prize value as stated represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of approximate retail value of prize.
†Used for prize description purposes only. No endorsement, sponsorship or authorization is intended or implied by such use.
4-day/3-night trip for winner and up to three (3) guests to Universal Studios Hollywood™ Park and Paramount Studios in Hollywood, California includes (i) roundtrip coach air transportation for up to four (4) people from major gateway city within the Eligibility Area nearest the winner’s home to Los Angeles, California - the winner and all guests must travel from one departure location and must travel on the same itinerary; (ii) hotel accommodations (two  rooms, double occupancy), for 3 nights in Los Angeles area (room and tax only); (iii) admission for winner and guests to Universal Studios Hollywood™ theme park and the Paramount Pictures Studios Tour; (iv) ground transportation between the airport and hotel in Los Angeles; and (v) $150 spending money (awarded in the form of a gift card, the issuer of which will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; gift card is subject to terms and conditions of use as indicated thereon). All travel arrangements must be made by travel agent designated by Sponsor. Travel is subject to availability, blackout dates and other restrictions. Winner must provide at least forty-five (45) days’ notice in advance of intended travel dates; and, winner understands and agrees that he/she may not receive his/her first choice of travel dates. Trip must be completed by February 1, 2020 or prize will be forfeited. Winner and guests are solely responsible for having a valid government-issued photo identification (e.g., a driver’s license issued by a U.S. State) in order to travel and must comply with any applicable hotel check-in requirements, such as presentation of a major credit card. Other hotel fees are not included and if applicable may be payable at the time of check-out by the winner/guests. A deposit or payment in advance, or presentation of a credit card by the winner, may be required at the time of check-in at the hotel. Any hotel cancellations or changes to hotel reservations after confirmation must be made with the hotel directly, and the winner is solely responsible for any charges and/or fees arising from changes made directly with the hotel. Winner and guests must conduct themselves at all times in a socially responsible, appropriate and well-behaved manner during the trip, including but not limited to during the visit to Universal Studios Hollywood™ theme park and the Paramount Pictures Studio Tour; and, should winner or guest(s) fail to do so, trip will be immediately terminated for winner and/or guest(s), with Promotion Entities having no liability to winner and/or guest[s] (as applicable). If winner lives within reasonable driving distance of Hollywood, California (as determined by Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator in their sole discretion), air travel portion of Prize will be replaced with ground transportation (or a stipend in an amount of Sponsor’s sole choosing to be used for ground transportation) and no additional compensation or prize will be awarded.
**The Paramount Pictures Studio Tour will last for two (2) hours and visit significant movie-studio locations such as Bronson Gate, New York Street backlot and Prop Warehouse. Tour will include persons other than winner and guests. Winner’s guests must be 10 years or older to take Paramount Pictures Studio Tour.
Transformers™: The Ride-3D will include persons other than winner and guests. The Ride takes place in a high speed vehicle that will suddenly and dramatically accelerate, stop, spin, climb and drop. The movement of the Ride vehicle includes strong tilting and jarring actions.The Ride vehicle employs safety constraints that may restrict persons from riding due to body shape and size. Riders must be able to maintain an upright position, and brace and support their torso, neck and head while absorbing sudden and dramatic movements during the Ride. Height requirements also apply to the Ride. Parental discretion is recommended due to mature themes. Certain other theme park attractions will contain loud explosions, large flame effects, fog effects and tidal wave effects; certain effects may be too intense for children.
For both the Paramount Pictures Studio Tour and the Universal Studios Hollywood™ theme park, admission is subject to terms and conditions as indicated thereon and is not intended for re-sale.
Prize is subject to terms and conditions of travel service providers. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize: $4,990. The ARV of the Prize is subject to fluctuations in airfare and the value may vary depending on the location of the departure city. If winner elects to travel with fewer than (3) guests, no additional prize element will be substituted or compensation will be awarded. Any difference in the stated ARV and the actual value of the Prize will not be awarded. All other expenses not specified herein, including flight insurance, travel insurance, meals and personal expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner. The Prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and the Prize described above may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the Prize Claim Documents (as defined in Rule 7 below) and/or other travel documents.
- Odds of Winning. Odds of winning the Prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
- Claiming the Prize. The potential winner will be notified by email (if provided) and/or mail or phone. In the event that Sweepstakes Administrator cannot contact the potential winner of the Prize despite reasonable (in its sole discretion) attempts, Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator may, in their sole discretion, randomly select a new, alternate potential winner from the remaining eligible entries received. Return of Prize or prize notification as undeliverable (including, if applicable, due to failure of an AMC Stubs Member to include his/her current e-mail address or mailing address as part of his/her Member profile information) will result in disqualification and an alternate potential winner may be selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The potential winner will be required to complete, execute and return to the address requested an Affidavit and Liability/Publicity Release within five (5) days of receipt of the “Prize Claim Documents” (consisting of all required documents sent to winner). Each of winner’s travel guests (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) must complete, execute and return a Liability/Publicity Release, prior to issuance of travel documents; if any guest is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian must be the Prize winner or another guest of the Prize winner. If such Prize Claim Documents are not returned to Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator prior to such deadline, the Prize may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion, such potential winner shall be disqualified, and an alternate winner selected by Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator in a subsequent random drawing from the remaining eligible entries. Except where prohibited by law, winner also grants Sponsor and its designees the right to use the winner’s full name, hometown, images and likenesses for advertising, publicity and promotion purposes, including print, broadcast and on-line announcements, without further compensation other than the said prize and at no expense to the winner, and Sponsor shall not be obligated to make any such use.
- Taxes. Winner is responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes. Sponsor or Sweepstakes Administrator will issue winner an IRS 1099 Tax Form, and winner agrees to fully cooperate in complying with applicable governmental reporting requirements. The potential winner will be required to complete, sign and return to Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator an IRS Form W-9 prior to receiving the Prize. Failure to complete, sign and return a W-9 will result in the winner being disqualified, and in such case Sponsor/Sweepstakes Administrator may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate winner in a subsequent random drawing from remaining eligible entries.
- General. Each entrant agrees to, accepts and shall abide by these Official Rules and agrees that any disputes shall be resolved by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify, amend or suspend the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Sweepstakes has been, or could be, compromised or that the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including without limitation due to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or force majeure or any other causes beyond Sponsor’s control. Sweepstakes void where prohibited or restricted. If any provision of this Sweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or municipal law, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of this Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the Prize winner. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing to award the prize from among all eligible, non-suspect, entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on
- DISPUTES RESOLVED VIA ARBITRATION. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Sweepstakes, you understand and agree that any claim or dispute regarding the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules will be resolved individually (NOT AS PART OF A CLASS ACTION/PROCEEDING) by means of binding arbitration (NOT IN A COURT OF LAW; THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL IS BEING WAIVED). As fully set forth in the “Arbitration” provision of the Terms and Conditions of Use of the AMC Theatres website (accessible at amctheatres.com/terms-and-conditions), such arbitration will be conducted by a one-member panel of the American Arbitration Association; will be conducted under the Federal Arbitration Act; and will be governed by Kansas law, regardless of choice of law principles.
- Release. By participating, each entrant agrees to hold harmless the Promotion Entities, their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, representatives, agents, successors and assigns, from any liability whatsoever, and waive and release such parties from any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional) arising out of or in connection with the event or acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of the Prize, participation in any promotion-related activity, or participation in the promotion, whether under a theory of contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), warranty, or any other theory or cause of action.
- Sponsor. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by American Multi-Cinema, Inc., 11500 Ash St., Leawood, KS 66211. Sponsor will provide the winner’s list upon request. To obtain the winner’s list or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to AMC’s “BUMBLEBEE” SWEEPSTAKES Winner/Rules (as applicable), P.O. Box 412, Tenafly, NJ 07670, for receipt by January 18, 2019.