AMC THEATRES MOVIES FOR A YEAR SWEEPTAKES
AMERICAN MULTI-CINEMA, INC. OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Sweepstakes Entry Period. The “Sweepstakes Entry Period” begins at 12:00:01 A.M. [EST] on [January 3, 2017] and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. [EST] on [February 26, 2017].
2. Eligibility. The [AMC THEATRES MOVIES FOR A YEAR SWEEPTAKES] (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal U.S. residents residing in one of the 48 contiguous continental United States, excluding Rhode Island or the District of Columbia, who are at least: (a) 18 years of age or (b) the age of majority in their state of residence, if higher than 18, at the time of entry. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Rhode Island, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. military installations in foreign countries and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers, directors, members, managers, agents and representatives and their immediate families or members of their household (i.e., spouse, partner, parents, children, siblings, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents and grandchildren, regardless of where they live) of American Multi-Cinema, Inc. (“Sponsor”), each of their respective partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, divisions and advertising, promotion, public relations agencies (collectively, “Promotion Entities”), are not eligible to enter or win.
3. How to Enter. During the Sweepstakes Entry Period, an eligible person may enter as follows, with a limit of [one (1)] entry [per day] per person, regardless of the entry method(s) (if more than one entry method exists):
- ONLINE ENTRY - NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. An eligible person may enter the Sweepstakes online by following AMC Theatres on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram. Take a selfie at any AMC Theatres location. Post the selfie on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram and tag the photo with @AMCTheatres and the hashtag, #MovieAllStar in the photo’s caption. Entrant must follow AMC Theatres on the social media channel they post their selfie on.
Only complete and valid entries will be eligible. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant warrants that he or she has read and agrees to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in the Sweepstakes. Eligible entrants agree that Sponsor shall retain full authority, in its sole discretion, to interpret and administer these Official Rules, and entrants agree to be bound by all decisions and interpretations made in good faith by the Sponsor, or its designee.
All photo entries become property of Sponsor and may be posted on AMC Theatres social media channels, AMCTheatres.com or other AMC Theatres promotional materials. Entries that are late, incomplete, garbled/jumbled, illegible, misdirected, lost, damaged, delayed, stolen or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules are void. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other website or e-mail address, including, without limitation, commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Promotion Entities are not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, electronic malfunctioning of any telephone network, computer hardware or software; any failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any combination thereof; or for any error, human, technical or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any fraudulent entries or any individual it finds tampering with the operation or entry process of the Sweepstakes or acting in violation of these Official Rules. If, for any reason, an entry is determined by Sponsor to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if feasible; if not feasible for any reason, Sponsor shall not have any liability to entrant in conjunction with same.
4. Weekly Winner Selection. Following the schedule below, Sponsor will randomly select one entry, from all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Weekly Entry Period, to receive $100 AMC Theatres Gift Card. Decisions of the Sponsor will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. If a potential winner does not respond within five business days of the first notification attempt, is found to be ineligible, does not comply with these Official Rules or declines to accept any prize, the potential winner may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and in such case Sponsor may select an alternate winner based on a random drawing.
- Week 1: January 3-9, 2017, Winner Announced on January 10, 2017
- Week 2: January 10-16, 2017, Winner Announced on January 17, 2017
- Week 3: January 17-23, 2017 Winner Announced on January 24, 2017
- Week 4: January 24 -30, 2017, Winner Announced on January 31, 2017
- Week 5: January 31 – February 6, 2017, Winner Announced February 7, 2017
- Week 6: February 7-13, 2017, Winner Announced on February 14, 2017
- Week 7: February 14 – 20, 2017, Winner Announced on February 21, 2017
- Week 8: February 21-26, 2017, Winner Announced on February 27, 2017
5. Grand Prize Winner Selection. On or about February 28, 2017, Sponsor will randomly select one entry, from all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Entry Period, to receive One AMC Movie Pass good for unlimited movies (subject to sell-out and other conditions set forth in Section 6 below) for the winner and one guest for one year. Decisions of the Sponsor will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. If a potential winner does not respond within five business days of the first notification attempt, is found to be ineligible, does not comply with these Official Rules or declines to accept any prize, the potential winner may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and in such case Sponsor may select an alternate winner based on a random drawing.
6. Prize(s). Weekly prizes: One $100.00 AMC Theatres Gift Card per week. Approximate Retail Value: $100.00. Grand Prize: One AMC Movie Pass good for unlimited movies (subject to sell-out conditions) for the winner and one guest. Approximate Retail Value: $1,200.50. The pass and benefits therein are non-transferrable once assigned a recipient name and may not be used in exchange for goods or services or for resale. THIS PASS IS NOT TRANSFERABLE AND MUST BE PRESENTED WITH PHOTO I.D. This pass is valid seven days a week for all features. Passholder may not request or accept tickets that exceed the ticket limit printed on the pass. Pass may only be used once every two hours. Exclusions: If the movie is expected to reach sellout conditions (when capacity is expected to exceed 80% of seats sold at showtime) tickets will not be issued. Tickets may not be issued more than 2 hours before showtime (1 hour for Dine-In Theatres). Premium experience surcharges may apply. Terms and Conditions are subject to change.
Prizes are not transferable. No substitution or cash redemption of any Prize, or any portion thereof, is allowed, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor is not responsible for any inability of any winner to accept or use any Prize (or portion thereof) for any reason. No more than the stated Prize(s) will be awarded. Limit of one (1) Prize per family/household/address. Weekly prize winner are eligible for the grand prize. Winner is solely responsible for all unspecified costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty, representation or guarantee of any kind by Sponsor. Transfer of Prize is not permitted without the permission of Sponsor which may be granted or withheld in its sole discretion and without liability of any kind. A Prize value as stated represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of approximate retail value of prizes.
7. Odds of Winning. Odds of winning each Prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
8. Claiming the Prize. Each potential winner will be notified by on the social media channel they posted their photo on and followed up via e-mail (if provided) and/or mail or phone. In the event that Sponsor cannot contact a potential winner of any Prize despite reasonable (in its sole discretion) attempts, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, randomly select a new, alternate potential winner from the remaining eligible entries received. Return of any Prize or prize notification as undeliverable (including, if applicable, due to failure of an AMC Stubs Member to include his/her current email address or mailing address as part of his/her Member profile information) will result in disqualification and an alternate potential winner may be selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The potential winner will be required to complete, sign and return to the address requested an Affidavit and Liability/Publicity Release within fourteen (14) days of receipt of the Prize Claim Documents. If such documents are not returned to Sponsor prior to such deadline, any Prize may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion, such potential winner shall be disqualified, and an alternate winner selected by Sponsor in a new random drawing from the remaining eligible entries. Except where prohibited by law, each winner also grants Sponsor and its designees the right to use the winner’s full name, hometown, images and likenesses for advertising, publicity and promotion purposes, including print, broadcast and on-line announcements, without further compensation than the said prize and at no expense to the winner, and Sponsor shall not be obligated to make any such use.
9. Taxes. Each winner is responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes. Sponsor will issue winners of prizes valued at $600 or over an IRS 1099 Tax Form, and winner agrees to fully cooperate in complying with applicable governmental reporting requirements. If requested by Sponsor, the potential winner will be required to complete, sign and return to Sponsor an IRS Form W-9 prior to receiving the Prize. Failure to complete, sign and return a W-9 will result in the winner being disqualified, and in such case Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate winner in a random drawing from remaining eligible entries.
10. General. Each entrant agrees to, accepts and shall abide by these Official Rules and agrees that any disputes shall be resolved by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify, amend or suspend the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Sweepstakes has been, or could be, compromised or that the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including without limitation due to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or force majeure or any other causes beyond Sponsor’s control. Sweepstakes void where prohibited or restricted. If any provision of this Sweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or municipal law, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of this Sweepstakes or in the announcement of any winner(s) or Prize(s). In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing to award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect, entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation.
11. DISPUTES RESOLVED VIA ARBITRATION. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Sweepstakes, you understand and agree that any claim or dispute regarding the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules will be resolved individually (NOT AS PART OF A CLASS ACTION/PROCEEDING) by means of binding arbitration (NOT IN A COURT OF LAW; THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL IS BEING WAIVED). As fully set forth in the “Arbitration” provision of the Terms and Conditions of Use of the AMC Theatres website (accessible at www.amctheatres.com/terms-and-conditions), such arbitration will be conducted by a one-member panel of the American Arbitration Association; will be conducted under the Federal Arbitration Act; and will be governed by Missouri law, regardless of choice of law principles.
12. Release. By participating, each entrant agrees to hold harmless the Promotion Entities, their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, representatives, agents, successors and assigns, from any liability whatsoever, and waive and release such parties from any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional) arising out of or in connection with the event or acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of any prize, participation in any promotion-related activity, or participation in the promotion, whether under a theory of contract, torts (including, without limitation, negligence), warranty, or any other theory or cause of action.
14. Sponsor. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by American Multi-Cinema, Inc., 11500 Ash St., Leawood, KS 66211. Sponsor will provide list of winners upon request. To obtain a list of the Sweepstakes winners or a copy of these Official Rules, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include Movies For a Year Sweepstakes Winners List in the subject line.