Ridley Scott Gives PROMETHEUS 2 Update


By Amirose Eisenbach September 25, 2014


Despite many people having issues with "Prometheus", it still made a good amount of money at the box office and certainly left the door open for a sequel. The rich and complex world that director Ridley Scott created by extending the "Alien" mythology, certainly allows for expansion. Let's just hope the sequel that we've been hearing about is more substance over style this time.

When asked about the status of "Prometheus 2", Scott said, "Right now, as we speak, it’s being written. I’ve had 15 drafts evolving. I definitely want to do that again because I really enjoyed doing ‘Prometheus."

We must take that with a grain of salt since Scott has previously stated many moons ago that the script was completed. He then went on to discuss the mixed to negative reactions of the first film and elaborated on why it was very different from the "Alien" franchise.

Scott stated, "The beast is done. Cooked. I got lucky meeting Giger all those years ago. It’s very hard to repeat that. I just happen to be the one who forced it through because they said it’s obscene. They didn’t want to do it and I said, ‘I want to do it, it’s fantastic’. But after four, I think it wears out a little bit. There’s only so much snarling you can do. I think you’ve got to come back with something more interesting. And I think we’ve found the next step. I thought the Engineers were quite a good start."

Speculation around the web indicates that Scott is saying that the Xenomorphs aren't in "Prometheus 2". But until we hear it from the horse's mouth instead of just trying to read between the lines of his comments, we'll have to wait and see.

Are you looking forward to "Prometheus 2"? Let us know in the comments section below!

Source: SlashFilm

Get your tickets as well as theatre and showtime information here!

Follow us on Twitter for your daily dose of AMC Movie News! @AMCMovieNews

Follow me @Amirosie



Recent Comments