New Vision Theatre FAQ
We’re eager to fill you in on the transition of New Vision Theatres to AMC Theatres.
We can’t wait to get to know all the new and returning movie lovers and introduce you to our AMC Stubs® benefits program, which includes $5 rewards and our incredibly popular Discount Tuesdays, which lets you save when you see the latest movies. Plus, see up to 3 movies every week for one low monthly rate with AMC Stubs A-List™!
What is going to change and when will theatres open?
All eight of the New Vision Theatres will be re-branded as part of the AMC family of theatres. The first change you will notice are the new, branded signs on the interior of the building. Below is a summary of the brand and name changes:
- AMC – AMC Amazing theatres. AMC Theatres is dedicated to innovating the way you see movies. Come enjoy the very best of cutting-edge moviegoing. Taste our special menu of elevated cinema favorites and enjoy bolder flavors, wider variety, and superior quality movie snacks. And reserve your tickets in advance when you purchase online!
- New Vision Theatres Fleming Island 12 will become AMC Fleming Island 12 – NOW OPEN.
- New Vision Theatres Tilghman Square 8 will become AMC Tilghman Square 8 – NOW OPEN.
- New Vision Theatres Fitchburg 18 + IMAX will become AMC Fitchburg 18 – NOW OPEN.
- AMC CLASSIC – America’s Hometown Theatres. Fun, friendly, local theatres that you can depend on for a great moviegoing experience with value in mind, including annual refillable popcorn buckets!
- New Vision Theatres Boulevard 10 will become AMC CLASSIC Boulevard 10 – NOW OPEN.
- New Vision Theatres Promenade 12 will become AMC CLASSIC Cinema 12 – Anticipated opening in July, 2021
- New Vision Theatres Mounds View 15 will become AMC CLASSIC Mounds View 15 – Anticipated opening in July, 2021
- New Vision Theatres Showplace Pekin 14 will become AMC CLASSIC Pekin 14 – NOW OPEN.
- New Vision Theatres Chantilly 13 will become AMC CLASSIC Chantilly 13 – Anticipated opening in Summer, 2021
- All eight theatres are supported by the same website, AMCTheatres.com, the same AMC Theatres app and our AMC Theatres social media channels. More changes are outlined in response to the frequently asked questions below.
If you’re not already an AMC Stubs member, you can sign up now. Learn more and join at amcstubs.com. You can join AMC Stubs Insider for FREE or you can upgrade to AMC Stubs Premiere for even more perks.
- AMC Stubs Insider is FREE to join. Members receive tons of benefits including Discount Tuesdays and a $5 reward to spend on concessions every time 5,000 points are earned (earn 20 points per $1 spent).
- AMC Stubs Premiere is an annual membership for just $15+tax, in which members earn even more benefits. Earn points 5x faster toward $5 rewards that can be spent on tickets and concessions. Membership also includes FREE upgrades to larger sizes on popcorn and fountain drinks, and Premiere Lane service at the box office and concessions at participating theatres.
- AMC Stubs A-List allows members to make free online reservations and see up to 3 movies every week for just one low price per month. Plus all the perks of AMC Stubs Premiere!
New Vision Theatres has unfortunately closed their business across the country. For this reason, the eight theatres transitioning to an AMC theatre will not be able to honor previous New Vision points and rewards.
AMC Theatres is not acquiring the New Vision business in whole, only 8 of the individual theatres. Therefore, AMC does not have access to any previous data or transaction history to verify gift card values. Due to this, AMC will not be able to accept New Vision gift cards. AMC will accept vouchers or discount tickets with a value printed on it. If you have one of these to redeem, please stop by Guest Services at any one of the eight theatres for support.
Yes, we’ll offer innovative menu items from our Feature Fare menu. The menu will be simplified to start with as we get everything up and running. However, you can be sure that we’ll be popping our legendary AMC Perfectly Popcorn™ from day one.
No, we will not be able to refill New Vision popcorn buckets upon reopening as an AMC theatre. However, AMC has a refillable popcorn bucket available at all AMC CLASSIC locations. AMC Stubs members can purchase a bucket for $20.99+tax ($24.99+tax for non-loyalty members). Plus, refills are only $4.99+tax through December 31, 2021.
No, at this time we will not be reopening with alcohol service at any location. We are working to review licenses and hope to be pouring your favorite adult beverages in the near future.
Our top priority is the health and safety of our guests and crew, we have implemented new AMC Safe & Clean ™ policies and procedures, designed with you in mind. On your next theatre visit, you’ll notice that we’ve taken steps to reduce touch points and protect your safety, social distancing standards, enhanced cleaning procedures and mask requirements. Please review all our enhanced cleaning procedures and new policies at https://www.amctheatres.com/amc-safe-and-clean
Now that your theatre is officially in the AMC family – you can take full advantage of our state-of-the-art website (AMCTheatres.com) and mobile app to find showtimes, buy tickets, learn more about your favorite movies or sign up for our AMC Stubs rewards program. You will still be able to buy tickets through Fandango.com, Atom Tickets and at the theatre.
Yes, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they will increase. For example, we offer discounts on tickets and food and drinks with our Discount Tuesday program for AMC Stubs members. AMC Stubs Insider is free to join and includes perks like points earned toward $5 rewards on every purchase. Also, our biggest movie fans can sign up for AMC Stubs A-List, which will allow them to watch up to 3 movies a week for one low monthly fee.
Ticket and concession prices will be adjusted to fit within AMC standards while considering theatre amenities and the competitive landscape. As is normal for our industry, AMC periodically evaluates pricing and may make pricing changes based on market conditions, increasing operating costs or when premium formats are introduced.
No major renovations are scheduled at this time. Full theatre renovations are determined on a theatre-by-theatre basis, and we’ll be sure to let you know if your theatre is scheduled for any renovations if and when the time comes.
Yes, your theatre name will change based on the brands outlined above. Be sure to look for the new name on Fandango and Atom Tickets. You also can buy tickets directly at AMCTheatres.com.
Theatres do not handle local advertising requests – all requests must come through AMC Corporate. Please visit www.amctheatres.com/business/advertise-in-theatres for more information.
At AMC Theatres, we demonstrate our commitment to the communities we serve, and foster the growth and development of our associates through volunteer opportunities, in-kind and monetary donations, and our sustainability programs. To that end, we have developed the AMC Cares Charitable Fund, as well as AMC’s Giving Back, Matching Gift, Associate Scholarship, and Community Pass Donation Programs.
To learn more, please visit www.amctheatres.com/corporate/in-the-community.
If you still have questions you can reach out to your local theatre manager, tweet us @amchelps, or visit AMCTheatres.com/Contact.
We’re so excited to welcome you into the AMC family! Follow us on social media facebook.com/amctheatres, instagram.com/amctheatres/ and twitter.com/AMCTheatres for a peek at what you can look forward to and for exclusive news about what we all love most – the movies.