AMERICAN MULTI-CINEMA, INC. Workplace by Facebook TERMS OF SERVICE
AMERICAN MULTI-CINEMA, INC. (“AMC”) Workplace by Facebook service (the “Service”) provides you with the ability to internally communicate with other AMC associates about work-related matters. The Service is entirely separate from a personal Facebook account.
The Service is provided by AMC to give its associates the opportunity to participate in an internal social networking site to interact. Participation on or use of the Service is voluntary and is not a requirement of your employment. The use of the Service on a mobile or other personal device is voluntary. The Service can be accessed on AMC devices at your theatre. If you are an hourly associate and are accessing the Service outside of your scheduled work hours, you must have a supervisor’s advance permission. By accessing the Service you are representing that you are either on-duty or have your supervisor’s permission and will record and report your time worked accordingly. The Service should not be accessed during any non-compensable break. It is the responsibility of individual supervisors to uphold the intent of these Terms Service with their associates, including monitoring and reporting content or usage found in violation. Use of Workplace by Facebook represents your agreement to these Terms of Service.
We encourage associates to explore these new forums if they wish, express themselves and develop their communities. At the same time, associates’ use of social media can present serious risk to AMC’s confidential information, business opportunities, operational efficiency and compliance with the law. There are certain basic rules that should be followed. The goal of these rules is to ensure that the Service is used in a manner that is respectful of others’ rights and opinions and a productive and safe environment for all participants. Also, the tool should be used in a manner that protects AMC and business partner trade secret information.
The Service is made available for individual use related to your employment on behalf of AMC. The Service is intended for the internal discussion of AMC-related business matters and is not intended for use in connection with personal matters. The Service is for internal use only. Permission must be obtained from the sender/poster if you would like to utilize any information from the Service.
The Service is hosted from the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, by using the Service you are consenting to the transfer of any information you input into the Service (including your personal data) to the United States for processing.
Nothing contained within this policy is intended to interfere with employee rights under the National Labor Relations Act, including but not limited to associates’ right to discuss the terms and/or conditions of their employment, or other laws protecting lawful job related activities, nor would it be interpreted or applied so as to interfere with employee rights to self-organize, form, join, or assist labor organizations, to bargain collectively through representatives of their choosing, or to engage in other concerted activities for the purpose of collective bargaining or other mutual aid or protection, or to refrain from engaging in such activities.
Users assume all knowledge of applicable law and are responsible for compliance with any such laws. Users may not use the Service in any way that violates applicable state, federal, or international laws, regulations, government requirements or AMC policies and procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, violation of AMC’s associate Handbook, Work Conduct, Non-Discrimination and Harassment, Acceptable Use, Hourly Theatre Associate Pay Practices and Compensable Time policies, as well as state-specific guidelines and ordinances. Misuse of the Service and/or violation of these Terms of Service may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
By uploading any information, images, documents or other material on the Service, you represent and warrant that you/AMC have the right or have been granted the right by the owner of the material to use and publish the material throughout the AMC organization. As with all AMC computer resources, users should have no expectation of privacy with respect to the use of the Service.
Any subject matter or related documents that are subject to a legal hold notice (i.e. subject to a legal matter or litigation) shall not be discussed or posted using the Service.
AMC encourages the users of the Service to express themselves and their point of view through the Service. Just to be clear, there is certain content that is inappropriate for the Service, including content which is deemed at AMC’s sole discretion to be:
- Libelous, defamatory, derogatory, demeaning, malicious, abusive, offensive, or hateful towards any individual or group (including clients or competitors);
- Obscene, profane, pornographic, or sexually explicit;
- Depicting graphic or gratuitous violence;
- Making threats of any kind or intimidating, harassing, bullying or showing disrespect for anyone;
- Violating the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights of another; or
- Violating any company policy
Facebook’s terms and policies
https://fb.facebook.com/legal/FB_Work_Terms also apply to your use of the Service.
AMC reserves the right to change these Terms of Service at any time with or without notice.
If you have any questions concerning these guidelines or a concern that any person is violating these guidelines, please contact 0411-WorkplacebyFacebook@amctheatres.com
Imagine what would happen if AMC only showed films of the same genre. At AMC, that would never happen – we’re proud to offer an array of films that are as diverse as the people we employ.
The collective sum of the individual differences that our associates invest in their work represents a significant part of our culture, reputation and company’s achievement as well. We embrace and encourage differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our associates unique.
At AMC, we’re committed to employing a team that is as diverse as the entertainment on our screens.
Non-Discrimination and Harassment
AMC strictly prohibits and does not tolerate any act or conduct that creates the potential for unlawful harassment or discrimination. It is AMC’s policy not to discriminate against any person because of age, race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, genetic information, or for any other reason prohibited by applicable federal, state or local laws. It is AMC’s policy that everyone should work in an environment free from unlawful harassment. Approval of, participation in or acceptance of conduct that creates even the potential for unlawful harassment will be considered a violation of this policy. This policy prohibits conduct that violates the letter or spirit of anti-harassment laws or conduct not aligned to AMC’s values, policies, or behavioral expectations. This includes conduct in any work-related setting, whether on AMC premises, during working time, or while participating in AMC activities outside the workplace.
Sexual harassment includes any of the following: (a) making unwelcome advances or requests for sexual favors, or other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature, a term or condition of employment, (b) basing employment decisions on whether an individual submits to or rejects such conduct, or (c) creating an intimidating or hostile working environment by such conduct.
Additional examples of sexual harassment include:
- Verbal conduct (epithets, derogatory jokes, comments, slurs, etc.)
- Nonverbal conduct (suggestive or insulting noises, leering, whistling or obscene gestures)
- Visual conduct (photographs, cartoons, screensavers, drawings, etc.)
- Physical conduct (assault, unwanted touching, kissing, pinching, etc.)
- Retaliation for having reported or threatened to report harassment
To assure a proper working environment, AMC must rely upon its associates to not engage in inappropriate conduct and, more importantly, to immediately report any incident of discrimination or harassment.
Prior to reporting an official complaint, an associate should inform the harasser that his/her behavior is unwelcome and unwanted and ask him/her to stop the offensive behavior and/or comments. If the discrimination or harassment continues or if the circumstances are such that the associate feels unable to ask the person to stop, the associate should report the problem. Any such report should include details of the incident or incidents, names of the individuals involved, and names of any witnesses. AMC will promptly launch an investigation of the harassment or discrimination allegations. All reports will be treated and investigated in as confidential a manner as possible, where practical to do so under the circumstances.
AMC associates are prohibited from retaliating against associates who report concerns regarding discrimination or harassment. However, reports of discrimination or harassment that the complainant knows to be untrue are prohibited and may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
Any associate who believes he or she has been the subject of discrimination or harassment, or who is aware of a violation of this policy should immediately contact his or her immediate supervisor, General Manager, VPO/DO, Senior Vice President of Human Resources, call the AMC ETHICS HOTLINE at 1-800-230-6345, or file a report online at www.amcethicshotline.com.
The Rulebook – code of conduct when using Workplace by Facebook
All associates new to Workplace by Facebook are required to acknowledge that they have read and understood “The Rulebook” by accepting the below terms and conditions when signing up.
To maintain a professional online community, it is important for us to adhere to acceptable standards of behavior:
- Be respectful, courteous, and civilized to everyone. Avoid attacks, trolling, or harassing others. Do not use inappropriate language, swearing and vulgarities.
- Do not post anything that may be offensive to a particular race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ethnicity, disability, age, cultural background, disability, military status, veteran status or political leaning.
- If an associate offends or harasses you, resist the urge to retort; instead, report abuse.
- Read your content carefully before posting. Check for errors as well as tone and words that could be misunderstood. Your posts reflect on your professionalism, so always put your best foot forward.
- Never share your username and password with anyone else. You are responsible for anything posted in your name or improper access to the Service.
- Keep your comments and posts concise and to the point.
- The rules against plagiarism apply on Workplace by Facebook as well. Do not use someone else’s content or idea and claim it as your own.
- Do not assume your colleague has read your post until they have acknowledged it. If it is an urgent matter, it may be best to call them.
- Never store or share sensitive information on Workplace by Facebook, such as credit card numbers, passwords or anything considered PII according to AMC’s Personally Identifiable Information This includes as any information about an individual maintained by AMC or an agent of AMC that can be used to distinguish or trace an individual’s identity and/or is linked or linkable to an individual, such as medical, educational, financial and employment information.
- Keep your user profile updated, especially your contact information, so colleagues can reach you when necessary.
- Never use Workplace by Facebook for illegal activity.
- Do not let Guest Service suffer as a result of using Workplace by Facebook. Mobile phones should not be used in the presence of a Guest.
- Make sure files are virus-free before uploading.
- Think carefully and limit the amount of third-party links you post in groups. While this can be a good platform to learn from what other companies are doing or share important articles from reputable sources, it is primarily for sharing AMC information and best practices, which is content originated by you, not a third party. Do not click on an external link if you are not sure of the validity or security of the source.