Win FREE Popcorn for a Year Sweepstakes
AMERICAN MULTI-CINEMA, INC. OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Sweepstakes Entry Period. The “Sweepstakes Entry Period” begins at 12:00:01 A.M. Central Time on May 8, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. Central Time on December 31, 2019.
- Eligibility. The WIN FREE POPCORN FOR A YEAR (“Sweepstakes”) is open to all with a valid email address who are legal U.S. residents residing in one of the 48 contiguous continental United States, excluding Rhode Island and the District of Columbia, who are at least: (a) 18 years of age or (b) the age of majority in their state of residence, if higher than 18, at the time of entry. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Rhode Island, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. military installations in foreign countries and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers, directors, members, managers, agents and representatives and their immediate families or members of their household (i.e., spouse, partner, parents, children, siblings, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents and grandchildren, regardless of where they live) of American Multi-Cinema, Inc. (“Sponsor”) or any of Sponsor’s partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, divisions and advertising, promotion, public relations agencies (collectively, “Promotion Entities”), are not eligible to enter or win.
Only complete and valid entries will be eligible. Entrants must provide a valid email address in order to receive communications about winning. Any email address that bounces from the email platform will be considered invalid. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant warrants that he or she has read and agrees to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and that he or she is not prohibited from participating in the Sweepstakes. Eligible entrants agree that Sponsor shall retain full authority, in its sole discretion, to interpret and administer these Official Rules, and entrants agree to be bound by all decisions and interpretations made in good faith by the Sponsor, or its designee.
- Grand Prize Winner Selection. On or about the first of every month starting June 1, 2019, and continuing for 8 months, Sponsor will randomly select one entry, from all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Entry Period, to receive a concession voucher or other form of electronic coupon (“Popcorn Voucher”) redeemable by winner for 52 Large Popcorns. Value of prize is approximately $467. Monthly winner will be notified via email by the last day of the following month; Popcorn Voucher will be emailed to winner and be redeemable only by named winner. Decisions of the Sponsor will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. If a potential winner does not respond within five business days of the first notification attempt, is found to be ineligible, does not comply with these Official Rules or declines to accept any prize, the potential winner may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and in such case, Sponsor may select an alternate winner based on a random drawing. AMC is not responsible for lost, stolen or mangled prizes once sent via email to recipient.
Prizes are not transferable. No substitution or cash redemption of any Prize, or any portion thereof, is allowed, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor is not responsible for inability of any winner to accept or use any Prize (or portion thereof) for any reason. No more than the stated Prize(s) will be awarded. Limit of one (1) Prize per family/household/address. Winner is solely responsible for all unspecified costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty, representation or guarantee of any kind by Sponsor. Transfer of Prize is not permitted without the permission of Sponsor which may be granted or withheld in its sole discretion and without liability of any kind. A Prize value as stated represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of approximate retail value of prizes.
- Odds of Winning. Odds of winning each Prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
- Claiming the Prize. Each potential winner will be notified by email. In the event that Sponsor cannot contact a potential winner of any Prize despite reasonable (in its sole discretion) attempts, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, randomly select a new, alternate potential winner from the remaining eligible entries received. Return of any Prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate potential winner may be selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The potential winner will be required to complete, sign and return to the address requested an Affidavit and Liability/Publicity Release within fourteen (14) days of receipt of the Prize Claim Documents. If such documents are not returned to Sponsor prior to such deadline, any Prize may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion, such potential winner shall be disqualified, and an alternate winner selected by Sponsor in a new random drawing from the remaining eligible entries. Except where prohibited by law, each winner also grants Sponsor and its designees the right to use the winner’s full name, hometown, images and likenesses for advertising, publicity and promotion purposes, including print, broadcast and on-line announcements, without further compensation than the said prize and at no expense to the winner, and Sponsor shall not be obligated to make any such use.
- Taxes. Each winner is responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes.
- General. Each entrant agrees to, accepts and shall abide by these Official Rules and agrees that any disputes shall be resolved by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify, amend or suspend the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Sweepstakes has been, or could be, compromised or that the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including without limitation due to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or force majeure or any other causes beyond Sponsor’s control. Sweepstakes void where prohibited or restricted. If any provision of this Sweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or municipal law, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of this Sweepstakes or in the announcement of any winner(s) or Prize(s). In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing to award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect, entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation.
- DISPUTES RESOLVED VIA ARBITRATION. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Sweepstakes, you understand and agree that any claim or dispute regarding the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules will be resolved individually (NOT AS PART OF A CLASS ACTION/PROCEEDING) by means of binding arbitration (NOT IN A COURT OF LAW; THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL IS BEING WAIVED). As fully set forth in the “Arbitration” provision of the Terms and Conditions of Use of the AMC Theatres website (accessible at amctheatres.com/terms-and-conditions), such arbitration will be conducted by a one-member panel of the American Arbitration Association; will be conducted under the Federal Arbitration Act; and will be governed by Missouri law, regardless of choice of law principles.
- Release. By participating, each entrant agrees to hold harmless the Promotion Entities, their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, representatives, agents, successors and assigns, from any liability whatsoever, and waive and release such parties from any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional) arising out of or in connection with the event or acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of any prize, participation in any promotion-related activity, or participation in the promotion, whether under a theory of contract, torts (including, without limitation, negligence), warranty, or any other theory or cause of action.
- Sponsor. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by American Multi-Cinema, Inc., 11500 Ash St., Leawood, KS 66211. Sponsor will provide list of winners upon request. To obtain a list of the Sweepstakes winners or a copy of these Official Rules, send an email to email@example.com, and include ”Popcorn for a Year” in the subject line.